Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:16 pm 

I know the look of this pistol isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. I for one like the looks and all the UK reviews are extremely positive. It finally arrived this week in Canada in the 495 FPS version. Originally it looked like it may come with the moderator, with any sound baffles removed, but it in fact doesn’t come with any moderator look-a-like of any kind. That’s not a bad thing as it is very long in the moderated form.
I’ve checked to find out how many shots per fill can be expected as the US full power version version only gets around 15 shots. I was hoping we’d see maybe 40+ shots here. Weihrauch advises we will get maybe 25 shots even in our Canadian version. That is not a lot of shots, basically two 10 round mags before you’re refilling. I don’t think anyone is going to complain about the fit and finish, or accuracy of this pistol. I just have trouble dropping a grand on a pistol that’s going to have to filled filled every 5 minutes. I was getting triple that or more in my Pardini, and get more than double that in any co2 pistol.

I’m a little disappointed and doubting I’d bother shelling out the bucks when there are much cheaper alternatives providing nearly the same performance at 1/4 the price.

Walther Lever Action, FWB 300s, FWB 601
Other goodies!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:15 pm 

No pics or even a link to the product is kinda deceiving :(

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:05 pm 

https://dlairgun.com/collections/weihra ... wir-ar-107

Other goodies!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:25 pm 

Ooooh I see what you mean. It's not pretty like say a FAS or AirArms pistol but it does have a likeable quirkiness.
It is some pretty money but where else will you find another repeating PCP pistol?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:03 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
Ooooh I see what you mean. It's not pretty like say a FAS or AirArms pistol but it does have a likeable quirkiness.
It is some pretty money but where else will you find another repeating PCP pistol?

Check out this one. CO2, but quite the deal.
https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic80143.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:02 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
DocGadget wrote:

I considered that one.. I’m holding out for the pcp pistol Wes has coming in.

Other goodies!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:39 pm 

After some research, and with some conflicting information, it seems this pistol gets more than 25 shots per fill. In the UK 5.1 ft/lb version it supposedly gets about 105 shots. The Canadian version may be slightly less powerful still, so may get a few more shots per fill.

I took the plunge and ordered the last one in .177, will report back when it arrives.

Other goodies!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:45 am 

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/wei ... 2-caliber/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:59 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
DocGadget wrote:

Yeah, I've been checking them out and the other PCP's coming in...
I'm really wanting a HellBoy, the Crosman DPMS SBR and I'll surely want to get the Umarex Legends lever action rifle when it comes out but I'm also trying to save up for AirArms S510 TDR... So many airguns... so little money

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:33 pm 

Checkout the Evanix hunting master Pistol at AirGunSource.

I have an obsession with that pistol, the only thing keeping me from buying it is the sheer height of the pistol! I do believe you get 40 or more full power (495 FPS shots per fill.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:24 pm 

Td85 wrote:
Checkout the Evanix hunting master Pistol at AirGunSource.

I have an obsession with that pistol, the only thing keeping me from buying it is the sheer height of the pistol! I do believe you get 40 or more full power (495 FPS shots per fill.

I had one a while ago and sold it. The grip is about 2 inches longer than most people’s hands. It is very loud, and I did not get 40 shots from a fill, more like about 20 before the poi changed significantly. It’s an interesting pistol. The HW44 should be a much superior gun.

Other goodies!