Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:44 pm 

Are all Umarex pellet pistols that use the rotary mags the same on the inside as far as the mechanism goes? I suppose the Desert Eagle with blowback might be a bit different but the 88, 99, 92, 1911, M&P 45...?
Curious as a reviewer of the CP99 on Pyramyd claimed it is vastly overpriced as it is the same as the $100 cheaper M&P underneath.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:11 am 

I can't answer your questions completely but I saw that CP99 review too. The Cp88 seems similar as well.
I have an M&P 45. For a $60-$80 pistol, it is very accurate. Racking the side for single trigger action is a pain though and most pellets have to be seated to stay in the mag. Still performs without issues after 5 years and thousands of shots.
For me, it doesn't make sense to buy CP99,CP88.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:04 pm 

Good to know on the M&P 45, I have had all the ones I listed apart from that one. I remember that the trigger on the CP99 was painfully heavy and the 88 was the nicest all round to shoot. I have always seated the pellets anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:16 am 

I have 2 with the same rotary mag system. Trigger is slightly above tolerable in d/a on the 92-F. It seems to be improving with use. Gun is quite accurate.
I have the 70.00 PPQ here which is the same magazine system. The trigger on it is a lot different- gritty and heavy. I don't think I'll buy another d/a only umarex pistol, unless the triggers are vastly improved. From what I'm seeing, they can't be the same trigger- just based on the magazine system.

-D.S.

Eye Protection!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:09 am 
Supporting Member 2010

I have owned most of the Umarex rotary mag pistols and yes they all took the same rotary mag. Even the DE with its blowback has the same one.

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....