Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: BB Pistols
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:11 pm 

well thanks again ya bunch of big mouths. another gun I had to run out and buy. and lucky me my local tsc store had one left. I like it --but only thing I don,t like is I wish they would paint the front sights white on a lot of these guns because I have a hard time seeing them. good gun tho.

Last edited by pete on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:58 pm 

pete wrote:
well thanks again ya bunch of big mouths. another gun I had to run out and buy. and lucky me my local tsc store had one left. I like it --but only thing I don,t like is I wsh they would paint the front sights white on a lot of these guns because I have a hard time seeing them. good gun tho.

get yourself some liquid white out cost you like $2 and just paint the edge of the front sight yourself 8)
best thing is you can always remove it.... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:09 am 

I had some white dollar store paint sitting here. so I painted the front sight and put 2 white dots on the rear ones. looks good. but I'll have to try it out later. and to the op. (crosshair54). this is a pretty good and affordable pistol for a bb gun. $60.00+7.00 tax at tsc store.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:42 am 

pete wrote:
I had some white dollar store paint sitting here. so I painted the front sight and put 2 white dots on the rear ones. looks good. but I'll have to try it out later. and to the op. (crosshair54). this is a pretty good and affordable pistol for a bb gun. $60.00+7.00 tax at tsc store.

also -- for the long weekend replica airguns has it on for sale at $46.80+ shipping and taxes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:30 am 

Thanks all for the reply’s and suggestion’s. I will probably research this to death, but that’s part of the fun. I have another question. Do the pistols with blowback use more CO2 than the non blowback models?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:49 am 

Yep ~ for sure as in the real blow back of a firearm, the blow back is caused by the powder burning on the back of the bullet, so the bullet flies out and the slide is blowing back in order to release the shell and load up the next bullet...

But in the replicas, you will use extra co2 to do so to blow the slide back... So more harder the kick is, more co2 will be used...

But if let me to choose, I 100% won't get the non blow back version... Replica doesn't copy the blow back is it still a replica of the real thing?! :D

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:56 am 

Not to complicate matters more,
But! Why not consider a pellet gun instead?
Usually more accurate, better or indoors, don't ricochet like BBs
Umarex makes really nice ones in both Blowback and non Blowback.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:31 pm 

So I was checking out the Sig BB pistol and see they also have a blowback pellet gun with a rotary magazine. So many choices. Or maybe I should just stay with the P-17. Or.........? Decision’, decision’s, but I’m having fun researching.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:19 pm 

You showed some interest in a BB gun in your thread. Consider the Umarex Brodax bb revolver and P17 pellet gun as two decent budget pistols in both categories.Then, as many of us do, move up over time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:47 pm 

I have the Umarex XBG. It's a wonderful gun for how inexpensive it is. Walked into my local Cabela's and they had spare magazines in stock. It's not very loud for a C02 unit (my Crosman Vigilante is much louder) and it's very easy on the C02.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:21 pm 

Again, thanks for the comments. I do have the P17, so maybe I will try the Brodax. I read reviews today and a couple Youtube videos. Looked fairly accurate. I read somewhere today that a couple people tried the steel pellet mags from a Python or maybe another gun that fit the Brodax and where shooting.177 wadcutter pellets. TSC puts the Brodax on sale every few weeks. Think I will pick one up to play with this winter when there is 2 Ft of snow ⛄️