Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:49 pm 

agreed! never think about a good trigger is that important now ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:39 pm 

Remember that time I was all like "well now what :rolleyes: "

The nice post man dropped off 750 jsb 18.1's bought from here, thanks Dan, great price and fast shipping.

And then this happened...
18 yards, about 10~ shots each. All 1/2"...

Attachments:
IMG_20180830_173101.jpg
IMG_20180830_173101.jpg [ 573.7 KiB | Viewed 218 times ]

Fully rebuilt Benjamin .22 classic
Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:45 pm 

I may still either mod4 the trigger or buy that GX whatever trigger. For now, I am familiar with it.
I did button the piston, yes. 3 just behind the seal and 2 adjacent the cocking lever. I polished the tube, sanded the piston seal cleaned out the transfer tube, and chamfered both sides of the hole, de-burred all the stamped parts, the b2 gas ram (or whatever the code for the most powerful one is...) Cleaned and adjusted the sears, re-crowned the muzzle, and then all the hinge work.
I think that's all I did...

I've been working out and pondering an IR camera scope idea, but it's slow. Trying to find a camera with a screen. I bought a cheapy dash camera that the seller listed had a night vision setting.... But it doesn't... And he has $40 if my dollhairs... So for now I keep looking. But, most of this gun work will go to the wayside. I have begun rebuilding my lathe. It's my current focus... As well as not having the Warden lose it on the extra spending :?

Fully rebuilt Benjamin .22 classic
Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:58 pm 

Great thread. Image
It's good to see someone with skills trying to improve the accuracy of this fine looking air rifle.
Mines okay @ 30m but no where close to my RWS 850 or Gauntlet .22's
I guess that's like comparing apples to oranges though... :mrgreen:
I did the trigger mod with the 5x8mm bearing (great mod), replaced the plastic spacer for bass ones and put the OEM spring (B18-00-4D) and piston back in her. Put it's up there close to the .22 Titan spec's.