Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Marauder or ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:46 am 

Spartan wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

I enjoyed the Kral a lot. It was a lot of gun for the money. Side cocking was smooth and simple to use. Wasn't hard to fill with a hand pump. Just wish I got the black, synthetic stock model. Because it has a adjustable cheek rest. Not the marine walnut. The marine finish isn't worth the extra money. Had alot of flaws in the finish and Raman said alot came like that from factory.

The down side of the walnut stock was the cheek comb wasn't high enough. If you wanted to run a 30mm scope with a 50mm OBJ and still use the mags. You had a awkward cheek weld. And had to ugly a nice stock with building up a cheek rest. I wasn't able to buy the syn stock separate. So the walnut stock model, you stuck with running maybe a max 44mm obj, and 1" tube scope. For a decent cheek weld.

Syn stock model wouldn't have that issue due to the adjustable cheek rest.

It was very accurate, more accurate then me. 2 factors why I sold it. I had some neighbor issues. He always had people over, always had yard sales, always complained. So noise was an issue. Plus really I didn't use it as much as I thought I was.

Then I got another rescue dog so focused most of time with them, and gearing up the back yard. So I down graded to something cheaper that I wouldn't feel back not using it all the time.

I mean the Cometa Orion even comes with a adjustable stock and its a bit cheaper. Just heavier cocking effort. Just the 60$ extra per mag and the Kral came with 2 from factory is why I went with the Kral.

Sounds like the Kral is a better choice then the m-rod.

I wish I had a one on one comparison in accuracy between the Kral and the Streamline. It's double the price between one and the other, but I don't know if I'm getting a quarter to a dime or a quarter to one hole group.

What is tour opinion?

If I buy the Kral or Streamline, it will be synthetic. The last thing I want is a wall mount decoration. If there was a hunting opportunity, I would take a beautiful stock to the bush because any scratches would bring out the obsessive in me. On the other hand, the synthetic reason for existence is to have battle marks...

Thanks to everyone who is participating in my........education. Greatly appreciate it. I will in turn make a video or post my thoughts on my purchase. If anything, I will be brutally honest and hope to help the next guy. The internet can be a crazy place, but also be a platform for sharing thoughts and experiences.

Sorry I have no experience with the streamline. My Kral was only 177, I was only shooting it like 20-30M. Counting out my flier I could get under 1/2" with cheap pellets. I got 50+ shots on high with the 177, from 200 to 100 BAR, and topping up with a hand pump wasn't hard.

I assume you want 22? o shoot lists them forsale.

Like I said, if I knew the issues I'll have with mounting a scope and getting a good cheek weld. I would have gotten the syn stock model.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:38 am 

Spartan wrote:

Why not sell the collection and buy an FX impact/crown with the goodies and call it a day?

I think it's hard to be logical when you are bitten by the bug already. ;-) As most would agree, there is no "do all" airgun which one could own. Sometimes you want to shoot longer distances, sometimes just to plink or even do 10 meter match shooting. Sometimes you get one for the curiosity of buying it and tinker around with it and see if you could make it shoot better, learning through the process. FX's are very good rifles so you won't go wrong in getting either the Crown or the Streamline or even the Impact. It would boil down to what you'd like to use it for but rest assure, you won't stop at only 1 air rifle.. ;-). Oh I forgot to mention, I also have the Brocock S6 and the Gauntlet in 177 as well as the HW97KT synthetic in my collection. They all have their range times depending on the schedule and the shooter's mood. ;-)

Happy and safe, accurate shooting!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:48 pm 

apitagan wrote:
Spartan wrote:

Why not sell the collection and buy an FX impact/crown with the goodies and call it a day?

I think it's hard to be logical when you are bitten by the bug already. ;-) As most would agree, there is no "do all" airgun which one could own. Sometimes you want to shoot longer distances, sometimes just to plink or even do 10 meter match shooting. Sometimes you get one for the curiosity of buying it and tinker around with it and see if you could make it shoot better, learning through the process. FX's are very good rifles so you won't go wrong in getting either the Crown or the Streamline or even the Impact. It would boil down to what you'd like to use it for but rest assure, you won't stop at only 1 air rifle.. ;-). Oh I forgot to mention, I also have the Brocock S6 and the Gauntlet in 177 as well as the HW97KT synthetic in my collection. They all have their range times depending on the schedule and the shooter's mood. ;-)

Happy and safe, accurate shooting!

If we ever get invaded by alien 10 pound creatures, I'm coming to your house for protection!

My thinking, subject to hourly changes, is a 22 cal, high volume tank, 4-16x50 scope and 8 pounds. Plinking.....50-100yd target.....10 lb 50-60 yards hunter.

It started with an mrod>>>kral/Streamline>>>streamline>>>dreamilne?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:35 pm 

Spartan wrote:

If we ever get invaded by alien 10 pound creatures, I'm coming to your house for protection!

My thinking, subject to hourly changes, is a 22 cal, high volume tank, 4-16x50 scope and 8 pounds. Plinking.....50-100yd target.....10 lb 50-60 yards hunter.

It started with an mrod>>>kral/Streamline>>>streamline>>>dreamilne?

Either of the Streamline,Dreamline,Kral would do. I will stay away from the Mrod, just based on my previous experience but I could be wrong on the current MRod models nowadays. ;-).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:34 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hard Air has some comprehensive reviews of your choices here: https://hardairmagazine.com/ham-review-center/

Hey apitagan, may I inquire what your beef is with the M-Rod? I have no issues whatsoever with my first gen .22.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Hatsan BT65 SB
Benjamin Marauder
Cometa Orion
Weihrauch HW100S
QB78D Modified HPA 875 FPS
Brocock Concept Super 6
Artemis PP700S-A
Diana Chaser Camo
Snowpeak CP1-M
Artemis PP800

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:21 am 

Avianmanor wrote:
Hard Air has some comprehensive reviews of your choices here: https://hardairmagazine.com/ham-review-center/

Hey apitagan, may I inquire what your beef is with the M-Rod? I have no issues whatsoever with my first gen .22.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Good question; it deserves its own post: [M-Rod: Thumbs up or thumbs down?]
What was the OP's question again?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:19 pm 

Avianmanor wrote:

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Hey Avian,

Here it is on a post to Spartan's question. " owned both the first gen Marauder (M-rod through this comment) and the synthetic second gen M-rod. Based on my personal experience, they are very good rifles, which you could tune yourself for power and shot count. My only beef was the accuracy of the barrel since maybe I got a "not so good one" on the 22 cal. It is good for up to 25 yards shooting quarter sized groups but tends to open up when shooting farther. I even installed an altaros internal reg for the 22 but still not within my expectation. The synthetic one I got was a 25 with the Green Mountain barrel. Worked for the first magazine and very accurate but started to gave me the fits when I was shooting my 2nd magazine to the point of hard loading and a pellet got stuck. Returned it to D&L and swapped it with a scope. "

It's my experience with the 22's and the 25 when I still own them. Not sure maybe I am unlucky with this model but again based on my experience, I find Kral to be a more pleasant rifle to own and shoot.

;-)

A

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:55 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Thanks a million apitagan - should have looked more closely at the post.

I’ve started a new thread on the M-Rod pros and cons, so as not to hijack this one. Please post any further comments on the subject there.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Hatsan BT65 SB
Benjamin Marauder
Cometa Orion
Weihrauch HW100S
QB78D Modified HPA 875 FPS
Brocock Concept Super 6
Artemis PP700S-A
Diana Chaser Camo
Snowpeak CP1-M
Artemis PP800