Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:35 pm 

Daisy Mod.25, the recent ones. I was expecting soda can accuracy at 30 feet like the RedRyders, the Crosman/Marlin cowboy rifle or any other CO2 BB gun but man that thing doesn't shoot!!! I'm getting postal code accuracy.

The first non blowback Makarov... those are crappy! Appart from looking good, they're not good for much else. The accuracy is crappy and that horrible trigger (probably contributing to the poor accuracy).

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:29 pm 

Crosman 1077 hands down.

Maybe it's just the Canadian market nerfed ones, but really disappointing power. Rated at 495, Id be surprised it it was 350fps. Then to top that off, you get maybe 50 rounds out of it before the C02 needs changing. Bahhh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:27 pm 

Must say I got to disagree with last post on the Crosman 1077. It is a pretty good gun for the price. Goes on sale for less than $80 at Canadian Tire on a regular basis. Mine is accurate (@ 25 ft.) and works well. Yes it is only good for around 50 shots, and the Cdn. version may be underpowered, but what were you expecting? Maybe test it with a Chrono. If it's shooting @ only 350, you may have a fault one.

If you want more power for it, get your PAL and buy the wood stock version. You may find yourself impressed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:12 pm 

I haven't tried the 1077 but I did try the Wildfire and that trigger is especially crappy even for such a low priced airgun.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:44 am 

It's accurate enough under 30 feet, it's just not very powerful. It might be better than 350, that's just a guess. But the Crossman Vigilante I have is rated a little slower (480fps) and hits way harder. Clearly shoots much faster. Both are .177, using the same ammo/co2 brand, etc.

Not sure what the deal is with it, but also a no name break barrel from Princess Auto is hitting targets harder than it. Although I much prefer the semi auto/C02 design of the 1077.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:45 pm 

Took out the 1077 today, gave it a fresh new retry with an open mind. Actually changed my mind about it being disappointing.

Loaded up 4 speed clips (that's what you get out of a C02) with Premiere points. It definitely likes them better than wad cutters, and it grouped incredibly tight. Then on the last speed clips I joking stood an empty 12g C02 on top of the target and walked way farther back, likely near the 50ft range, and hit the empty C02 on the 2nd shot.

So its either deceptive in its velocity or it's somehow able to carry a shot a greater distance with less velocity. Either way my friend and I both left today with a new attitude about that rifle. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:41 am 

I found the same experience with my pistols. They work better for power, impact and accuracy using different kinds of ammo. All my pistols are made Umarex so I use their ammo. Wads and domes. Can’t use pointed ammo with rotation mags. Find the Umarex ammo loads easier into the rotation mags. Tried some daisy pellets one time and came quickly to the conclusion their not uniformly made as they would bind while loading the mag. Never try crossman premier pellets in my current collection.

Attachments:
8EE6B647-434C-4A16-9E0C-E8E9D16E91D3.jpeg
8EE6B647-434C-4A16-9E0C-E8E9D16E91D3.jpeg [ 659.52 KiB | Viewed 204 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:04 am 

I am pretty much a JSB fan. I did get a sample pack of Umarex pellets with an Umarex rifle awhile ago but have never located a source to buy Umarex pellets.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:34 am 

ten-ring wrote:
I am pretty much a JSB fan. I did get a sample pack of Umarex pellets with an Umarex rifle awhile ago but have never located a source to buy Umarex pellets.

JSB is a great product. If you want Umarex ammo, or branded as RWS, Replica air guns located in BC is the best place I found. You can get free shipping if you do a bulk purchase. And at some Cabelas stores they carry it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:45 am 

Ok , The sample I got just said Umarex with no RWS name on it > I do have some RWS AND Mesiterkuglen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:52 pm 

Why can't you use points with rotary style clips?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:54 pm 

Heretic wrote:
Why can't you use points with rotary style clips?

Yes curious as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 pm 

It says so on the manual.

I started my hobby with basically UX replicas too, and on every manual just say the same...

I believe it's because some pointed pellets are too long to fit into the mag ( especially the light weight alloy types which usually not using the skirt but a plastic end cap with the alloy head) and if you use it, the point of the pellet might have a chance to stuck while it rotates...

But to my experience, the Crosman pointed works well...

And you can use any pellet you like just to make sure while you push the pellet into the mag, while flush the skirt end to the mag also watch out if the other side of the pellet still being keep inside the hole and have nothing over the limit that would be stuck while it rotates....

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:25 pm 

Yep yep is absolutely correct. All my Umarex pistols that I have purchased using the rotation mag whether 8 or 10 shot state no pointed pellets to be used as it can interfere with proper function. It really boils down to quality ammo usually brings quality shooting. Thank you for your post yep yep :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:27 pm 

ten-ring wrote:
Ok , The sample I got just said Umarex with no RWS name on it > I do have some RWS AND Mesiterkuglen

Their much the same I believe. If it’s made in Germany.