Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:40 pm 

Hi, anyone seen one of those drill presses you used to be able to buy for your dremel, have looked all over this area and havnt seen them. Or does some one want to sell one?
Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:44 pm 
Banned

google dremel drill press (do people still not know how to use the interweb?)

Post subject: Use Google Yes
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:06 pm 

You know thats the kinda answer i though i`d get but decided to try anyway. My question was simple enough and in the right place. yes I have googled it. My question was has anyone seen them around, like I mean I dont see them in any of my local stores CTC Home hard ware etc. I am thinkin maybee they just dont stockem any more? The next qestion that you completely overlooked was do anybody here have one they bwant to part with? I figured all the modders and so forth maybee some one not useing thiers anymore and would like to cash in. You no one forum member helpin another! Not one forum member being a smart --- to another. Acting like you own the place I though it was public domain.
Sincerely
Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:15 pm 
Site Moderator

Hi Scott,

Try Home Depot. Last time I was there they had quite a bit of Dremel eqipment. Also try the smaller hobby dealers. I think Walmart even has Dremel stuff but I haven't looked in a while. Try ebay for something used.

Cheers,
Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:30 pm 
Site Moderator

I was at Home Depot this afternoon and saw the new Dremel drill press for $59.98.

HTH,
Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:28 pm 

I have been meaning to get one too. I have never seen them on sale in a store, so IMO don't wait for that...

Do the Sears Craftsman presses still work? (I have a Sears "Dremel" from the days when they were made by Dremel, but usually cost less and easier to find back then.) Might be another option, return if doesn't fit but should. They are almost always in stock, at least here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:45 pm 

i saw one in walt-mart in Saint-hubert last week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:30 pm 

^ :D :D I was at Wal-Mart tonight and bought one, same price as HD. Since you guys reminded me about it... FWIW, they also have a smallish self-contained drill press for $60 too, ought to be useable for light stuff but no very high speed that's often useful like the Dremel has of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:09 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Saw this tonight figured it would look good here.

http://www.toolspotting.net/2006/03/dre ... ation.html
Woody[url][/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:24 pm 

:idea: I have one, PM sent to you... :) Dremel sent me that Work Station for being there best Customer for 2006... :shock: So Mines well, PM sent. This new one though does exactly the same thing, just afew other attachments added to it.This UPS guy came to my door and handed me this hugh box, so I opened it up and they picked me,pixck me. Actually it was the best letter sent to them, or something... :wink:

Mike... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:28 pm 

^ Yeah, that's the thing I bought. To us old folks, it's a drill press. At least they didn't increase the price by calling it a workstation. :D

Edit: Hey Mikey, you got a copy of the letter you sent? I'd like to read it, just curious about what you said. Did you lay it on? I know your work requires lots of tools, so maybe you had some niche apps that Dremel hadn't thought of...that's what I would guess anyway.

Post subject: cool thanks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:01 pm 

thanks guys I now have some options, I posted because I didnt see them in the stores like you used to they were every where a few years back. And I do have a regular drill press and even a milling machine but for very small and high speed applications I just think this would be an invaluabe tool if i get one like the one shown where you can turn it on it side bonus for a miniture grinder.
My dremel is a Sears as well so I will have to make sure it fits without to much modifications? good point cfraser thanks!
Scott
If you guys wana see my machines now go to scooterspace55515 at my space.com i think? The pics are not great and the place is a mess cause of well different reasons happining right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:20 pm 

I sure hope my 20-year-old US-made Craftsman fits. It looks a lot different than the current design, usually lots of colorful plastic and "sticky" rubber gets added when electric tool manufacture moves to China (I like sticky rubber too), that's the way they do it there. The "station" looks pretty decent, IMO better than the previous model as far as versatility. I especially like the hanger for when using the Dremel with the extension, which I almost always do. The separate hanger alone is $20+ and doesn't look as sturdy. Sure looks better than the hanger I use now...

Thanks for putting it into the forefront of my mind. I wasn't even looking for it tonight, was buying some spare bulbs for my chrony and I remembered...

Edit: I just remembered something. Michael's used to sell Dremel and accessories. There is no Michael's near me anymore, so I don't go often, but they had Dremels (forget re drill press, but had the router) still last time I went maybe 6 months ago. With their weekly 40% off coupon, it is possible they might be a cheaper source. I have got quite a few normally expensive small hobbyist tools from them. You only get the coupon/flyer if there's a store within some shortish unknown range of your home...

The "workstation" assembled well, no particular thanks to the instructions. My old "Laser Series" Craftsman "Dremel" (green) fit right in no problem. Lots of plastic construction of course, I am not sure how good this might be for drilling metal as of yet, but fine for wood and plastic. Definitely have to make some hold-downs as there's not much other way to hold work using normal clamps...typical for a press with a base mount. Some real tiny C-clamps will fit in the slots, but that's about all from the wide variety of clamps I have. The press should definitely be clamped/bolted to a table before use, it is quite light but not particularly unsturdy considering...the aluminum base looks decently made to me.

Last edited by cfraser on Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:29 am 

Yeah my local Walmart stocks em to... maybe I'll have to get one now...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:40 pm 

Hey Guy's,
Here's the Dremel Drill Press that I have. But like I said they sent me the newer version of it from the USA. I'm, not even sure if it's available yet here in Canada...