Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:26 pm 

Good day to all

I ordered the chrony from AGS (Peterborough) two days ago and I got it today, very good service.
Now to the test on a beeman silver kodiak x2 Canadian version.

For the .177 the average was 448 fps with r10 wadcutters 7.7gr ( with or without pusher average same average)

For the .22 the average was 368 fps with crosman pointed 14.3 gr ( with or without pusher same average)

Ten shots per string with pusher(aaa battery) and ten without.

For the test I only used two types of pellets, the rule of thumb being a lighter pellet would be faster than a heavy. The results show nothing that I wasn't expecting though. Ct had them on sale a while ago and I took a bite, being more interested in the idea switching calibers. From the shooting aspect though its very accurate with both calibers, like all rifles it is very picky on what it likes and dislikes. After shooting for about four months off and on its a good plinker with a snug fitting pellet( skirt that is ). Accuracy for myself was 1/2 at about 30 meters with either caliber, your results may vary. For the user though switching the barrel will require you to re-zero your scope each time.

Now for the fun part because I now know the base speed of this bad boy, its time for my first tune and lube. Every one needs a first victim and a beeman is on my table. Just waiting for one more delivery from the postie and a full day to conduct my experiment.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:09 pm 

What model of Beeman?
The entry level springer os impossible to put back together once apart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:04 pm 

Beeman silver kodiak x2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:48 pm 

Good deal
Keep us posted
Pics appreciated

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:58 pm 

Just waiting for the postie right now , my guess about another few weeks and clear customs. Press is already made and other hardware as needed obtained. As for the lube I work in the industrial sector and have it already. I was thing to use 3m pads cut to 11/2 disks mounted on a drill and a drip or two of clover paste to hone and polish.
When I start all the specs of the internals will be noted for reference.

More to follow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:32 pm 

One of the best things you can do gor a springer is indtall a Vortek spring and seal kit
If they are still being made lol
Back in the day.......

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:16 pm 

The good news is all the parts have finally showed up. For the life of me I have no idea why it's cheaper to get parts from the UK that it is in Canada. Just the postage alone could be a game changer if you are on a tight budget. At the moment I am finishing a two week run of nights, God willing next weekend my first lube and tune will commence.

What would be the easiest way to post a pic to the forum ?