Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Umarex Seal Kits?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:19 pm 

I can't be the only one looking for a seal kit for an Umarex... Have an mp5 PDW and it needs a reseal (and yes, there is no saving this set). I see some on ebay but the models aren't specified. That said, I have ordered one on sight since the price is right and at least some of the seals "look" correct. I can't go wrong for the price anyway.

I don't mind picking up the phone and calling Umarex, but considering how common these new replica BB guns are I'd expect to see some aftermarket support by now, or at least the Umarex's available on the resale market, like with the Crosmans. I can find reseal kits for my MK1/2, 38C & T and 357 every time I turn around...

Really the only seal I can see being problematic to source is the valve stem seal (I'll call it) inside the valve body, which has a thin brass sleeve on the ID. Now I do have a lathe and I could make something, but for the time it's gonna take... I also think that for the effort I can probably make do without that brass sleeve if I had to, but on the other hand... c'mon these parts HAVE to be out there somewhere.

Maybe I'm blind, but if anyone has a lead I'd love to hear it. Yes, I've Googled, oh Lord I've Googled. :)

Crosman .357-6
Daisy 840 w/custom folding stock
Daisy Red Rider
Daisy 105
Diana 16 (UK made)
GSG-92
Mini Uzi

MP5 PDW
Telly .177

Post subject: Re: Umarex Seal Kits?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:01 am 

Try http://www.randrairgunrepair.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:53 pm 

Yes Rob @ R&R Airguns is your guy if you are looking for seals & other parts. If he does not have it, he probably knows where to get it.

But, your problem may be that the H&K MP5 K-PDW CO2 .177 BB Gun, may not be repairable. Umarex probably lists it as a replace only airgun, due to the low cost & complicated internals. Most low cost (i.e.. less than $200 US) plastic airguns that Umarex makes, they do not repair. If still under the 90 day warranty, they just replace.

But try R&R, he will tell you if it can be repaired.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:32 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Yes Rob @ R&R Airguns is your guy if you are looking for seals & other parts. If he does not have it, he probably knows where to get it.

But, your problem may be that the H&K MP5 K-PDW CO2 .177 BB Gun, may not be repairable. Umarex probably lists it as a replace only airgun, due to the low cost & complicated internals. Most low cost (i.e.. less than $200 US) plastic airguns that Umarex makes, they do not repair. If still under the 90 day warranty, they just replace.

But try R&R, he will tell you if it can be repaired.

Thanks folks; well the seals are all very much removable and replaceable, so I'll get it running one way or another.

I have a potential kit coming in from ebay and I'll shoot R&R a note, but I am certain it can be made to run again. I'll update as I get any progress.

Crosman .357-6
Daisy 840 w/custom folding stock
Daisy Red Rider
Daisy 105
Diana 16 (UK made)
GSG-92
Mini Uzi

MP5 PDW
Telly .177