Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:32 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Calling all M-Rod owners ......

Have any of you experience with adding a Huma / Altaros / Other regulator to first generation Benjamin Marauder .22? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*FX Streamline*Daystate Huntsman*Hatsan BT65*Benjamin Marauder*FX Dreamline*Cometa Orion*Weihrauch HW100S*QB78D 875 FPS*Brocock Concept*Artemis PP700S-A*Diana Chaser*Snowpeak CP1-M*Artemis PP800*FX Radar*Kral Puncher*Artemis M11*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:37 pm 

I have installed one in my modded Mac1 Benjamin Discovery and my shoot count are way up and grouping are about the same the Discovery is and was a great shooter.
So go for it buy one or buy one from me I have 1 Huma-air and one altaros regulator the guy from UK......but I have learn after buy this that Walter on this Forum makes one of the best regulator for airguns out there so maybe try him out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:51 pm 

After some consideration, I decided to go with this Huma-Air Adjustable In-Line Regulator: https://www.huma-air.com/Externally-Adj ... ed-Fillset

Rather than go through the process of installation and expense installing multiple regulators in my Hatsan BT65, Daystate Huntsman Classic, Benjamin Marauder, Air Arms S510, Cometa Orion and/or any additional unregulated Airgun I might purchase in the future, and the fact that all my shooting is pretty much Bench Rest FT, it made more sense to purchase an all-in-one solution to be used in conjunction with my little Ninja Style HPA tank and quick disconnect fill cable. That way, I can use one regulator across all my rifles and experiment with pressures, leaving the tank and fill hose attached to the rifle while shooting. If I'm satisfied with the results and ideal pressure through experimentation, I can then optionally order in a model specific regulator and permanently install it in the given airgun.

Unfortunately AGS does not carry the Huma-Air model with on-the-fly adjustable pressure, so purchased directly from the manufacturer. With manufacturer's discounts (applied unannounced at time of payment) and shipping with a tracking number, the total came to the same price as the lesser model currently available through AGS.

Will keep y'all posted.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*FX Streamline*Daystate Huntsman*Hatsan BT65*Benjamin Marauder*FX Dreamline*Cometa Orion*Weihrauch HW100S*QB78D 875 FPS*Brocock Concept*Artemis PP700S-A*Diana Chaser*Snowpeak CP1-M*Artemis PP800*FX Radar*Kral Puncher*Artemis M11*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:52 pm 

tell me how this can work with a Discovery?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:34 pm 

Hi Frank,

My thought would be a portable HPA Tank, the Huma Adjustable inline regulator, a Huma male Foster fitting adapter (which I also ordered for mine) and a flexible female to female Foster fill cable. One then needs only to set your regulator pressure (2000 psi max for the Discovery) and keep everything hooked up while you're shooting. Doesn't really work for a rifle you intend to carry around, but should work just fine for Bench-Rest FT. The Huma regulator has an integral bleed valve which can be used when you are ready to disconnect your portable HPA tank.

I believe this set up will work for just about any airgun without an internal reg. or to convert CO2 only to HPA without having to modify anything (other than adding a male foster fitting if not present on the air reservoir of the rifle. One must always of course observe the maximum operating pressure of the given airgun.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:36 am 

I currently run like this on my custom carbine air gun that I made with custom parts.

But I'm using a regulated thank that is @ 1950 psi but I can use the carbine for a few shoot untethered.

But I can do you one better I will lend you and mail you my Huma-air Regulator for you to try it out I never installed it, it's still new.
if you like it we can would out a trade or a deal if not just send it back.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:54 pm 

I've been tempted to get one as well. So far i was eyeing this one http://laneregulators.com
Would like to hear results after you try diff pressures, but I wonder what diff it'll make using a reg since the volume of air at the valve will be diff. I'd imagine not a whole lotta diff but who knows.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:32 pm 

I have a lane it sure look and fell much better built then the Huma-air

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:26 am 

Don’t see an on-the-fly inliine, external adjustable regulator in this company’s product list- do they make such a thing?

Cheers,

Avianmanor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:15 pm 

Avianmanor wrote:
Don’t see an on-the-fly inliine, external adjustable regulator in this company’s product list- do they make such a thing?

Cheers,

Avianmanor

no they don't make one but they sure make a quality regulator I tested 1 to 2 fps variance with my setup but I had to drill my discovery's tube for this
but it was well worth it.