Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Buying from AOA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:16 pm 

I am waiting the last kick to place the order for a .22 HW30s with laminate stock from Airguns of Arizona...

I am just wondering if anyone buying from them before and how's the transation doing... And I am also have some concerns about the package's travelling such a long way from the States to CA and the customs matters....

It will be glad to hear any input from you to give me confidence to go ahead or just kick the idea off my head...

And... about 200 Canadian buck higher for a laminate stock, is that really worth the money (almost 2/3 price of the regular model...)?! It looks great and as said it's develop together between HW and AOA, that also means I can't get this stuff from elsewhere, right?!

Actually the delux (walnut stains and checkering) model is in a very good lowered price now in AOA, but I don't like the half fore-end of the stock like that and like a full covered look of the regular model and the laminate model...

Thanks in advance!!

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

Post subject: Re: Buying from AOA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:36 am 

Have you looked at dlaigun? I would prefer to buy from Canada , save the hassle with brokerage fees , duties etc. although laminates do look nice they tend to add quite a bit of weight ( glued wood is heavier) that may be something to look into.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:45 am 

DL is my first choice but they just sold out the HW30 and I just got my reply and on the waiting list for next shipment now... But that will be the regular model and nothing fancy in the incoming shipment.

Yeah, the laminate wood stock looks added a bit weight to the gun... Thinking the original gun is not heavy, so it would be acceptable I think... I concern the weights too ~ Thanks for reminding ~

That's why I hesitate to buy from AOA, as I got a free shipping plus nothing mentioned on handling anything... And didn't see anyone reply my inquiry about that from AOA yet... I doubt I would need to have something to follow when the gun arrives border... You know we got a list of this type of extras while ordering from PA etc...

Sent from my LG cellphone

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:47 pm 

Just pick it up from AOA when you go down in November for the winter.
(sry- a retired old-guy joke)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:51 pm 

。。。。。so poor I have to stay in Canada for winters.... Never been to the south to enjoy good weather in the winter ~ yet....

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:13 am 

If it is a full power version you might want to have them put your info inside the box including your PAL number. That will help expedite it in case they stop it for inspection.

If it is getting shipped up via USPS you will likely only pay sales tax and a $10-12 handling fee. If it ships UPS/Fedex just say no. You will have an absolutely absurd brokerage bill to pay before getting your parcel. Usually much higher than the actual taxes and duties.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 am 

Thanks for the input, Joe! That's very helpful!

I am going for a non PAL HW30.

And my own experience told me the same, USPS just way too better than other carriers if you need anything from the States to here!

FedEx is always more expensive than others before the 'hidden charges' if any, so I didn't tried it before and just say no when I see the shipping price. And UPS just the worst in the world, nothing else to mention...

Send you a PM for details....

Thanks for the help in advance!

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender