Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Sig Sauer M17 vs. P320
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:40 pm 

Can anyone explain the differences between these two pellet CO2 air pistols? Other than the price. The appear to be almost the same.

The M17
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/SIG_Saue ... l_Tan/4695

And the P320
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/SIG_Saue ... e_Tan/4308

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:52 pm 

M17 looks like its optic ready. IE plate on the top ( remove and screw on a certain reddot on it ) manual safety, longer extended mag.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:12 pm 

The optic ready function is good ~ I know there are some mini red dot etc would be just fitted to it very well! And the M17 looks better than the regular P320...

To me, I found the P320 just looks very similar to my P250. I doubt the only difference is it uses the belt feed mag and the P250 uses the last generation rotary mag...

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:12 pm 

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-exper ... 17-part-1/

:?:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:20 pm 

Disassembles like the firearm, full drop out mag that holds the CO2 instead of the crappy stick mag, separate slide and ejection port... so basically everything that was missing from SIG pistols to be on the same grounds that the Umarex pistols are only in more accurate pellet version. The only thing missing and that will be impossible to fix is the hold open on the last shot.

What pisses me off is its total unavailability in Canada. I looked into ordering it from PA but at around 240$ with, delivery, taxes, brokerage and duty fees it's prohibitive.

Canadian airgun retailers are telling me that SIG is only selling airguns to firearm retailers here and since most firearm stores consider airguns as toys we're F$%?& so the SIG reps probably don't care about airguns and airgunners either so were F$%?& again.

I want that pistol badly, I'm just not sure I want it 240$ badly.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:08 pm 

Yeah, the M17 is really a revolutionary pellet action pistol ~ I want that too ~

But I prefer to wait for used...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:12 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
What pisses me off is its total unavailability in Canada. I looked into ordering it from PA but at around 240$ with, delivery, taxes, brokerage and duty fees it's prohibitive.

https://www.oshoot.ca/en/air-pistols/85 ... &results=2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:31 pm 

Final price will be similar to about 220$ to 230$... No big difference to Doc's 240$...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:19 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Final price will be similar to about 220$ to 230$... No big difference to Doc's 240$...

215$ to PA 237$ if I remember right and in their "US warehouse" the time to get to me will probably take the same time to get to me. Still not cheap... the real question is if it's worth it or not

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:45 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
Disassembles like the firearm, full drop out mag that holds the CO2 instead of the crappy stick mag, separate slide and ejection port... so basically everything that was missing from SIG pistols to be on the same grounds that the Umarex pistols are only in more accurate pellet version. The only thing missing and that will be impossible to fix is the hold open on the last shot.

Canadian airgun retailers are telling me that SIG is only selling airguns to firearm retailers here and since most firearm stores consider airguns as toys we're F$%?& so the SIG reps probably don't care about airguns and airgunners either so were F$%?& again.

DocGadget
Checkout Lorendo Sports (Arc Inter) in St-jean sur Richelieu they are a “real” gun shop and they do take airguns seriously! Their web site show they are a Sig dealer and they sell the Sig P320 for 149,95$. Call them you never know they may have the m17 coming their way...

Daisy 953
Umarex HPP
Walther PPK/S
Smith & Wesson M&P 40
Colt Python .357 (polymer)
Walther CP99
Smith & Wesson TRR8
KWC 226-S5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:42 am 

Yeager wrote:
DocGadget wrote:

DocGadget
Checkout Lorendo Sports (Arc Inter) in St-jean sur Richelieu they are a “real” gun shop and they do take airguns seriously! Their web site show they are a Sig dealer and they sell the Sig P320 for 149,95$. Call them you never know they may have the m17 coming their way...

I was interested in the m17 too. I just checked out there website. looks pretty good. thanks for the tip of another good store. I e-mailed them about the m17 and am waiting for a reply. I see too they have the umarex legends cowboy lever action for only $299.00. (not in yet tho.) but that price is lower than others I,ve seen. thanks and I,ll let you,se know if I get a reply.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:44 am 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Can anyone explain the differences between these two pellet CO2 air pistols? Other than the price. The appear to be almost the same.

The M17
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/SIG_Saue ... l_Tan/4695

And the P320
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/SIG_Saue ... e_Tan/4308

Thanks

what draws me to the m17 is the looks. for some reason I like a lot. but wondered why the clip seems to extend so far down. are the real ones like that or is this just to accommodate the length of the rotary pellet mag.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:49 am 

Looks it's the real one like that... :D

As other using the same belt fed mag don't have the extended part...

But I read the description, the guns comes with a 30 loads mag, although what you can buy separately will be only 20 rounds... Don't know if this related to a longer size of the mag...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:21 am 

on the actual real gun the mag is flush with bottom of the grip. the pellet gun is extended. I think on the m17 there is only 20 shot clips. the p320 has 30 shot and buy extra only 20. pellet gun is top pic. real gun is bottom.

Attachments:
m17-air-left.jpg
m17-air-left.jpg [ 35.93 KiB | Viewed 998 times ]
m17-press-release-700x522.jpg
m17-press-release-700x522.jpg [ 29.39 KiB | Viewed 998 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:23 am 

Hi all,
Here's a link that will go through all the detail differences between the 2 in question here.
I read the articles/reviews - all 3 Parts...it's very complete and answers most all/any questions. Seems also to be pretty accurate airgun as tested.
https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-exper ... 17-part-1/

Hey! Yeager or Docgadget:
Let us know if Lorendo in St-Jean will get some in...I'd be in.

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
S.A.G AR2078-B Match .177
Weihrauch HW50S .117
FAS 6004
Webley Hurricane
Weihrauch HW45 SS .22
Daisy Avanti 747
Artemis PP700S-A
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'