Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:28 am 

I entered the EBR for the second year now and got my butt kicked! Last year I ended up in fourth in the SC class and qualified for it with the second highest score. This year only the 10 best advanced unlike the 20 who did last year and I only placed 14th. My score wasn't bad, 433/500 considering the wind and torrential rainfall but the others upped their game and guns. I've been practicing for months and was getting better at doping for the wind so I don't believe I personally shot worse than last year. I believe those new FX-X barrels and the Daystate red wolves were simply better than my AAs510. This is not meant as an excuse since I could have bought one of these guns myself but I don't want to win that way.
I have a new barrel lined up for next year so I'll be back!

This year I also entered the Extreme 15-100 yard FT event. I had my gun and scope precisely synchronized but I should have practiced in more difficult conditions.
There were 5 lanes with 4 targets each which had to be shot twice for a total of 40. I started out well with an 8/8 on the first lane and a 7/8 on the second. The third lane also had a miss and another shot taken away because the target fell after the time ran out even though I got it off in time (bastard). Oh well 21/24 was a winning pace. Then it all went to hell on the fourth lane. You won't think a desert could be so dense with cacti and bushes when not even a blade of grass could grow there. I couldn't see the targets through the scope as they were behind bushes. I would have found a way through if I could have seen the kill zone. The problem was I was fully zoomed at 32X with the focus roughly set to the distance the target was at. The bushes that were closer totally blurred my view. My fault of course, I now know I should of first zoomed way out until the the target was located. So a disastrous 2/8 which pretty much blew my chances of placing. The 5th lane was another 7/8 for a total of 30/40. As it turned out the third place winner had 31, the second 32 and the winner 33. Still I'm happy as I beat Ted Bier 18th, Fredrik Axelson 27th and Matt Dubber and other pros who didn't even make it on the top 40 list.

Overall I had a great time and am more determined then ever to succeed.

Ed.

Last edited by EdLena on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:31 pm 

W0W I did not know you competed like this.
you did very well I'm sure I would have not done any better.

Maybe next time you give us a heads up and maybe we could go with you and give you extra people to brag about :)

But it look like you where in southern USA and not Many of us could make it there.

P.S. real good score considering conditions

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:28 pm 

I almost forgot the best part of the trip. The organizers were asking us over and over again to buy raffle tickets as that's how a lot of the event is paid for. I appreciated there effort so I bought a card of tickets for $25 despite never gambling. I did have beginners luck though and won a Weihrauch HW 110 pcp with a nice Weihrauch scope!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:47 pm 

That's a very good price and maybe it's a make up to the luck you missed in the match ~

Will you think about using this prize gun for your next match?!

Sent from my LG cellphone

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:35 pm 

Oh yea it's my next Canadian FT gun for sure.