Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:40 am 

Is it just me who can't understand why there is not even one M1 Garand pellet or bb gun on the market?
I'm I the only one dreaming an M1 Garand?

This is THE most iconic rifle of WW2 and yet I can't find any raising eyebrow or outcry on any other forums (Tom Galor's or Denis Adler's, ...) that none is available... :(
The only one I could track down was from an obscure Japanese manufacturer who made a .177 version back in the 70's. I'm not an expert on the Crosman or Daisy catalogs but apart from the current Daisy's plastic M14 and the Crosman M1 Carbine (made from 1966 to 76) was there ever an M1 Garand manufactured anywhere??

It's even more frustrating as they are dozens of M1 made for airsoft and some are absolute beauty, all wood and metal, functioning parts complete with the metal "ping" sound when the empty clip is expelled from the loading chamber!! :cry: Surely its not a question of licencing rights if these airsoft versions exist!!

I just don't get it that the airguns industry isn't offering a good quality .177 version...
A fully working semi-auto (wood and metal) version would be nice but I suspect it will not be cheap.
I guess I could even be satisfied with a lookalike like the great looking Diana Mauser K98.

Daisy 953
Umarex HPP
Walther PPK/S
Smith & Wesson M&P 40
Colt Python .357 (polymer)
Walther CP99
Smith & Wesson TRR8
KWC 226-S5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:57 am 

you mean like this

Attachments:
ACF6CC0.JPG
ACF6CC0.JPG [ 44.92 KiB | Viewed 630 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:25 am 

lauchlin wrote:
you mean like this

That's based off the M1 Carbine ( 30 carbine mag feed ) which is totally different then the M1 Garand ( 3006, 8 shot ebloc ) The rifle that has the distinctive twing after the last shot. Since it ejects the ebloc.

As seen here.

I know they made some airsoft version. But never seen a pellet version.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:56 am 

leadslinger wrote:
lauchlin wrote:
you mean like this

That's based off the M1 Carbine ( 30 carbine mag feed ) which is totally different then the M1 Garand ( 3006, 8 shot ebloc ) The rifle that has the distinctive twing after the last shot. Since it ejects the ebloc.

As seen here.

I know they made some airsoft version. But never seen a pellet version.

Ya agree......... i saw M1 and knew Crosmam made one but the Carbine and not the Grand ......

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:15 am 

I'm waiting for Spring Field Armory to come out with their replica Airgun announcement from shot show 2018, I don't know if there will be a garand replica. Heard that there will be a lot of replica coming out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:48 am 

Ha!!

I didn’t know about this AirVenturi Shot show announcement!!
Found this on their web site
https://www.airventuri.com/av/air-ventu ... y-license/

Looks like they have an M1A on the drawing board :D
Hopefully Air Venturi is serious enough about their airguns to hope for a wood stock!
Thanks for the info

Daisy 953
Umarex HPP
Walther PPK/S
Smith & Wesson M&P 40
Walther CP99
Smith & Wesson TRR8
KWC 226-S5

Last edited by Yeager on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:48 am 

pistolero wrote:
I'm waiting for Spring Field Armory to come out with their replica Airgun announcement from shot show 2018, I don't know if there will be a garand replica. Heard that there will be a lot of replica coming out.

No M1 Garand.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/art ... y-airguns/

Quote:
Air Venturi’s lineup launches in 2018, and the company will first offer replica pistols and rifles that helped define the Springfield Armory legacy—the XD, XD(M) and 1911 series of pistols, as well as the Saint Edge AR-15 rifle and the iconic M1A.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:56 am 

Yeager wrote:
Ha!!

Hopefully Air Venturi is serious enough about their airguns to hope for a wood stock!
Thanks for the info

M1A, is the civilian semi auto version of the M14. The rifle that replaced the M1 Garand. So sorry.

Little bit of History. The M1 Garand was designed by John Garand a Canadian. And the M1 Carbine was designed by a David Williams, just a moonshiner, that got sent to prison after being convicted of killing a police officer raiding his shine operation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFQ1P4o_qo0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:01 pm 

Well...
At least Air Venturi as a license agreement to make Sprinfield Armory replicas.
That’s better than nothing I guess.
I will be optimistic and consirer the M1A as a test bed to an even better future Garand.
Patience, patience, patience...

Daisy 953
Umarex HPP
Walther PPK/S
Smith & Wesson M&P 40
Walther CP99
Smith & Wesson TRR8
KWC 226-S5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:15 pm 

Yeager wrote:
Well...
At least Air Venturi as a license agreement to make Sprinfield Armory replicas.
That’s better than nothing I guess.
I will be optimistic and consirer the M1A as a test bed to an even better future Garand.
Patience, patience, patience...

I'm not having high hopes. I bet it will be the same. As the Winchester M14 that already out, but cost more. I guess a M1 Garand would be too much to produce. Considering the Airsoft version is close to 700$ CAD.

Probably more of a market for airsoft, with reenactors. Then air gunners.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:14 pm 

I really like the M14, if the Garand comes out, that would be awesome. the interview with Tom Gaylord said's that there is plan to come out in the pellet and pcp version, my best guest right now would be to watch out who are the maker of airsoft.

leadslinger wrote:
Yeager wrote:
Ha!!

Thanks for the info

M1A, is the civilian semi auto version of the M14. The rifle that replaced the M1 Garand. So sorry.

Little bit of History. The M1 Garand was designed by John Garand a Canadian. And the M1 Carbine was designed by a David Williams, just a moonshiner, that got sent to prison after being convicted of killing a police officer raiding his shine operation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFQ1P4o_qo0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:31 am 

Just googled Saint Edge AR-15 from Spring Field Armoury. this is what it looks like.

Attachments:
STE916556B_R1.jpg
STE916556B_R1.jpg [ 42.48 KiB | Viewed 427 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:41 pm 

I don't want to go Full Off Topic...but while speaking of WW2 replica airguns I would like to see (and own ...if they materialize) is a BROWNING HI-POWER pistol. I'm sure leadslinger is more knowledgeable than I when it comes to militaria, but I know that the Browing H-P was the side arm of many countries during and after WW2. The Hi-Power is one of the most widely used military pistols in history, having been used by the armed forces of over 50 countries. I remember seeing a 'plastic' replica BB gun at one time. The Canadian Armed Forces had the Browning Hi Power as standard Infantry issue side arm and has had them in service up to 2017.

I think it would be a fine airgun to replicate just as Umarex did with the Walther P38 and Luger P08 and the Webley&Scott MkVI revolver and of course the M1 Garand too would be nice to have as a WW2 replica rifle as is now available the Diana MAUSER K98 and the MOSIN-NAGANT M1944 .
Cheers!

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher Marine .177
Ind.Brand AR2078 B Match .177
Weihrauch HW50S .117
SigSauer P320 M17
Crosman 2240w/SB
Weihrauch HW45 SS .22
Daisy Avanti 747
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 pm 

Love to see the Garand in pellet semi auto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:31 pm 

I'm no expert but I'd say replicas are most popular with the younger crowd and M1 Garand are most popular with an older crowd.
I don't think there's a big market for those, not as big as with something like say the Hellboy or DPMS SBR which seem to be selling like hot cakes right now.

The thing with airsoft is they're making these period accurate re-enactments. You can't do that with a pellet or BB gun.

Again, I might be wrong but they're in this for the $$$

I want Thompson machine gun... stick or drum mag, I don't care. I don't understand why they made the German MP40 before making the Thompson or why it's not out yet using the same parts.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun