Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Beeman vs benjamin
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:27 pm 

It’s been a while but finally finding time to Airgun again and I seriously miss my old 2078

I’m an super torn between the beeman chief and the Benjamin Maximus both seem to have pluses but I’m looking for real world experience with both air rifles and opinions on both

The synthetic stock is the biggest downside of the Maximus for me

Can either gun be ran on co2 ?

Post subject: Re: Beeman vs benjamin
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:29 pm 

The chief has a hammer spring adjuster so should be easy to switch to co2. It is nice looking, nice to shoulder and has a great adjustable trigger that can be better with some polishing. To me it's the clear winner, but others may have a different opinion.
Cheers,
Wes

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:06 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
The chief has a hammer spring adjuster so should be easy to switch to co2. It is nice looking, nice to shoulder and has a great adjustable trigger that can be better with some polishing. To me it's the clear winner, but others may have a different opinion.
Cheers,
Wes

Was itching to bad like a crackhead at a cocaine party so pulled the trigger and bought the beeman thanks for the opinion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:14 pm 

I love mine! Hopefully you really enjoy yours as well! Accurate guns too, at least I found mine great at 50 yards.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:21 pm 

Too late now but the Beeman is a chinese QB78 which are less powerful and less $. For the QB I would suggest looking at archerairguns.com bc he has lots of goodies for them, like tank adaptors to net mass shot count.
The Max is supposed to be made in the US and already has a large tank that you can fill with air or co2. I think they're downplaying the co2 thing now, possibly bc power is very low compared to air but who knows.
But mainly I wanted you see that Archer place for ideas. I've been wanting a QB /w a big tank but I just can't go to co2, nor do I need another gun... The QB had a big cult following so you no doubt have lots of info available for all kinds of mods. The QB is a clone of the Crosman 160, if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:41 pm 

Unfortunately, Archer will not ship to Canada. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:50 pm 

Yep, not even parts. But Canada shooting supply has the Qb78d and parts too. Airgunsource carries them as well. Chief would hold a pile more co2 than the Qb78 though and isn't any more expensive once you figure in the cost of buying the bulk fill cap for the Qb78.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:03 pm 

Check out Gmac customs in the UK. They sell QB parts. I know, support Canada. But I got my breech from them and a band. Shipped cheaper then, what I could get in Canada before tax/shipping.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:01 pm 

Stupid me placed my order not taking into consideration the Canada post strike today was supposed to be delivery now I’m guessing next week. I’m been thinking I’d really like co2 as an option but I get a feeling that the 8-900 psi of co2 is going to result in a lot of wasted gas as well as a lot of bolt bounce. I’m hoping replacing the main spring with one from a qb78 will do the trick but I’m assuming the ports may be enlarged over the qb78 as well.

Archer do a universal muzzle break that I had on my 2078 and the difference it made in shot accuracy was immediately evident really calmed down barrel shake, can anyone point me to a similar item available in Canada. Also is anyone doing a drop in trigger set for the chief/ qb78 In Canada really don’t wanna rework mine unless I have a backup trigger set for it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:28 pm 

You shouldn’t need to “rework” the QB trigger unless you want to make it faux two-stage. The factory trigger has adjustment screws that make it easy to adjust pull weight and travel.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:33 pm 

The Qb78 hammer spring is seriously overpowered so I wouldn't bother switching to it for efficiency. Cutting a coil or two off the chief should be enough and with the hammer spring adjuster you should be able to back it off enough.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:44 pm 

Seals are available for the QB Chief?