Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Ottawa Shooting Supply
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:33 am 

Looking for comments on anyone that has bought from Ottawa Shooting Supply. They seem to be the Canadian reseller for Pyramyd Air. Is that correct? Are they affiliated with Pyramyd?

Are their prices better than buying directly from Pyramyd? I find all the brokerage fees and service charges at Pyramyd drive up the prices a lot. So I try not to buy from them unless item is impossible to buy in Canada.

It appears as if Ottawa wants to charge Ontario HST on all mail orders, even to non HST Provinces. They are not suppose to do this, but can not seem to get the HST off my order. It should be 5% GST only. Contacted them, and they say they charge Ont. HST on all sales, even if to non-HST Provinces. I don't think this is right. No other online retailers do not do this. Looks like another unnecessary added fee.

Has anyone else had the same problem with them? I know an extra 8% is not that much, but it is still an unnecessary fee.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:03 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Looking for comments on anyone that has bought from Ottawa Shooting Supply. They seem to be the Canadian reseller for Pyramyd Air. Is that correct? Are they affiliated with Pyramyd?

Are their prices better than buying directly from Pyramyd? I find all the brokerage fees and service charges at Pyramyd drive up the prices a lot. So I try not to buy from them unless item is impossible to buy in Canada.

It appears as if Ottawa wants to charge Ontario HST on all mail orders, even to non HST Provinces. They are not suppose to do this, but can not seem to get the HST off my order. It should be 5% GST only. Contacted them, and they say they charge Ont. HST on all sales, even if to non-HST Provinces. I don't think this is right. No other online retailers do not do this. Looks like another unnecessary added fee.

Has anyone else had the same problem with them? I know an extra 8% is not that much, but it is still an unnecessary fee.

Had the same experience when trying to get a rifle form this store. I cancelled my order. GST rules has it that seller should charge only GST based on buyer's location.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... ISuA0ix7R0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:12 pm 

Same here. I also cancelled my order when I could not get the Ont. HST of 8% removed.

I even spoke with a person at store named David. He would not budge. He said he must charge 13% HST on all sales, even if shipped out of Ontario.

One wonders how many sales they lose to other online stores that charge the correct taxes.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are trying hard. It's just that they are "shooting them selves in the foot" by overcharging taxes.

I suppose some people are just slow learners.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:04 pm 

Likely to much grief for the accountant doing the books. Got to keep things simple for the government. Lose a few sales, save on accountant fees. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:37 pm 

You are exactly correct. Too hard when an audit comes to have to digout every out of province sale and prove it was shipped. I simply cannot afford the manpower to have to do this for the government so I charge Ontario tax to everyone and remit the ontario tax. Its not a money making scheme. I know I cannot sell to everyone. I try to provide a service where you an get things that no other company provides or wants to be bothered trying to get . Frankly sometimes it amount's to only a few bucks and most people are not bothered about it.

This is a part time business for me and not my main source of income. If I can help people out great, if not there are other fine sellers they can buy from.

I am not affiliated with any other company or organization . I am an independent seller.

Hope this answer your query.

S&W 357
SDVE9
Baretta Neos