Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Hmmm, do the screws wiggle around in the bolt? Did you try letting the blue Loctite dry before screwing in? The qb78 should be a lot of fun. PAL rated too. Will punch clean holes on any paper with wad cutters.

No I did not let Blue Loctite dry. I screwed then in wet.will try that. Thank you.

Yes looking forward to the QB78S. Was looking at a used Discovery and pump but don't want to shoot that fast in the house very often. But good thing I never shoot pal rated guns in the house anyways. We have a bylaw here. :lol:

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:54 am 

I use the exact same hold with my B25 (airhawk but in .22)
Still has a terrible trigger and is very picky with pellets but at least it'll keep them all in the bullseye eating what it likes.
BTW I mounted a Williams peep sight no scope. It works perfectly with the original fiber-optic front.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:31 pm 

Been working on gun most of the day. Tore the rifle down and noticed the rest kind slide off the rail at the front. Got a new rail adapter on from my Diana and put new scope rings on. I think the new spring has settled down as it is not a thunderous kick like it had. Over 200 shots on new spring I would say. Got the scope dialed in and shooting much better at 30 feet. Getting it dialed in now. Happy Happy!

Now off to Princess Auto. Got the a shooting bench on the discontinued line for $87. Ottawa agreed to ship theirs to the Owen Sound store. They just called YEPPI!!!!

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8770166e

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:49 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:

Now off to Princess Auto. Got the a shooting bench on the discontinued line for $87. Ottawa agreed to ship theirs to the Owen Sound store. They just called YEPPI!!!!

That's nice looking kit, not sure the V for the fore stock will be suitable for a springer but would be handy for a pumper or gasser. I hope you will post a review of how it works for you.

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:30 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:

That's nice looking kit, not sure the V for the fore stock will be suitable for a springer but would be handy for a pumper or gasser. I hope you will post a review of how it works for you.

Got it unpacked and setup. Much better than I thought it would be, It is gorgeous. The v works good. Same as my tripod I rest my hand in the v and gun goes on top. That bar and v just pull out and shoot with elbows on the table. BEST THING! Has a beer holder! :lol: Will say more after a few days shooting off it. $100 shipping charge if ordered off internet. $95 dollars total bill. I was waiting on one for two months for $149. so the sale was just a bonus. Good things come to those who wait. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:52 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
Dukemeister wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:

Got it unpacked and setup. Much better than I thought it would be, It is gorgeous. The v works good. Same as my tripod I rest my hand in the v and gun goes on top. That bar and v just pull out and shoot with elbows on the table. BEST THING! Has a beer holder! :lol: Will say more after a few days shooting off it. $100 shipping charge if ordered off internet. $95 dollars total bill. I was waiting on one for two months for $149. so the sale was just a bonus. Good things come to those who wait. CHEERS!

If the V of the gunrest is padded it will work without your hand. If it's not padded? Fit some pipe foam insulation in the V.
I shoot my springer off padded sticks regularly, it works fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:01 pm 

Yes timmytree. All my springers shoot good off a rest. All but my 940 FPS that is pretty picky how it is held. It likes to throw out 6 inch fliers if not held perfectly everytime. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:59 pm 

Great deal on the bench. Nice to have a dedicated shooting station.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:15 pm 

timmytree wrote:
If the V of the gunrest is padded it will work without your hand. If it's not padded? Fit some pipe foam insulation in the V.
I shoot my springer off padded sticks regularly, it works fine.

better yet lay a silky smooth cloth over it fold it two to three times so that the springer can do its thing (recoil)
little trick I learned give it at try :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm 

This is working well for me actually.

just tried this method with my new springer rifle and I got a bullseye more than once, pretty impressive being I'm still a beginner and was just using the open sights free hand as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:46 pm 

Will try that cloth on my car jack rest. Got a lot of high targets and I have to squish down to aim so high up so I had a car jack in garage kicking around for twenty years doing nothing. Oiled it up and yellow knob turns easy now by hand. I can pull out spinning stock rest that is non adjustable and set jack there to the right height. Have heavy rubber and electrical taped for now.

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:48 pm 

scissor car jack my friend you can get them anywhere most times for free
people just throw them away... 8) :wink:

this is very close to the one i made...work great love it... :supz:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:25 pm 

Put some pipe insulation on both. I see me using the car jack more often. Got some shooting time in today and it throws off all my guns now. I sit up a lot higher now and changed the angle that I am used to shooting for two years. I like it. What gave me the jack idea was this on Amazon. Mine was free. Painted it up and made a padded top and am going to keep it and go with it. Have not tried it with my full power Airhawk yet. Want to get used to the new angles and such first.

https://www.amazon.ca/Lyman-Match-Shoot ... +jack+rest

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:55 am 

Thought I would try something different than just springers for a change since I had some extra parts for another rifle. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:06 pm 

What I see wrong with the PA bench, is it is inline - you are directly behind the gun. This
is a poor position for accurate shooting.
My collapsible bench for field shooting. the surface is cut out for a right handed shooter.
The legs were purchased at Canadian Tire for about $25.00.

Attachments:
Gophers2009007.jpg
Gophers2009007.jpg [ 146.39 KiB | Viewed 79 times ]
new bench 2.JPG
new bench 2.JPG [ 123.25 KiB | Viewed 79 times ]
new bench 1.JPG
new bench 1.JPG [ 124.48 KiB | Viewed 79 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next