Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
After several attempts, I finally fitted the crosman 1377 barrel into my Beeman P17...Without breaking the faux muzzle brake.

I'll get better pictures tomorrow. I still I need to D&T for a set screw. Polish and clean up the barrel. Then figure if I want to put an optic, and muzzle brake.

Image

Image

I believe this one shot about 408 FPS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:52 am
Posts: 2926
Location: Caronport, Saskatchewan
Cool!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

_________________
Website: https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:04 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 2088
Location: GTA, ON
Yeah! Cool!!

Just 'same'400fps?? I thought it will give a little bit better at least to 450fps or maybe better...

Looks still work to do to give some more power to the gun...

Sent from my LG cellphone

_________________
Future AA ProSport
HW30/35
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
YepYep wrote:
Yeah! Cool!!

Just 'same'400fps?? I thought it will give a little bit better at least to 450fps or maybe better...

Looks still work to do to give some more power to the gun...

Sent from my LG cellphone


I found my old thread. About the first attempt at fitting.

Stock - 396 with Daisy 7.9 wadcutters.
10.1" Barrel - Loaded up same 7.9s I used for a base number. And 421 FPS. 25fps increase over stock. Loaded some 8.2s 395 FPS.

So tonight, I'll D&T for a setscrew so I can lock the barrel in. Get some supplies to blue and polish the barrel. Since the barrel is a little rough. Then track down a slide extender and a muzzle brake for it.

I don't think I'm going to try and boost any more FPS from it. I'll have a PP700SA coming in this or next week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Better photos.

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:24 pm
Posts: 666
Location: Dowling ,ontario
Don’t forget to put a piece or two or tin tape to take up some of the piston clearance .

_________________
Not quite done collecting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Hobbyman2007 wrote:
Don’t forget to put a piece or two or tin tape to take up some of the piston clearance .


So to make a piston shim? How so?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:24 pm
Posts: 666
Location: Dowling ,ontario
Remove the piston from the cylinder by pulling the pin on the end of the shaft . Put a layer or two of tin tape ( duct tape works) on the o ring end of the piston . Shave the excess off with a sharp blade . Reinstall piston . It takes less than 5 minutes . This will not put you over the 500 FPS limit . Make sure the tape isn’t too thick as it will put extra stress on the pin.

_________________
Not quite done collecting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Hobbyman2007 wrote:
Remove the piston from the cylinder by pulling the pin on the end of the shaft . Put a layer or two of tin tape ( duct tape works) on the o ring end of the piston . Shave the excess off with a sharp blade . Reinstall piston . It takes less than 5 minutes . This will not put you over the 500 FPS limit . Make sure the tape isn’t too thick as it will put extra stress on the pin.


Alum foil tape or duct tape would you think would be better?

I'd like to get my Chrony back, so I could do a before and after.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:51 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Toronto Suburb
leadslinger wrote:
Hobbyman2007 wrote:
Remove the piston from the cylinder by pulling the pin on the end of the shaft . Put a layer or two of tin tape ( duct tape works) on the o ring end of the piston . Shave the excess off with a sharp blade . Reinstall piston . It takes less than 5 minutes . This will not put you over the 500 FPS limit . Make sure the tape isn’t too thick as it will put extra stress on the pin.


Alum foil tape or duct tape would you think would be better?

I'd like to get my Chrony back, so I could do a before and after.

I used the aluminum tape on mine with no issues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
twister wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Hobbyman2007 wrote:
Remove the piston from the cylinder by pulling the pin on the end of the shaft . Put a layer or two of tin tape ( duct tape works) on the o ring end of the piston . Shave the excess off with a sharp blade . Reinstall piston . It takes less than 5 minutes . This will not put you over the 500 FPS limit . Make sure the tape isn’t too thick as it will put extra stress on the pin.


Alum foil tape or duct tape would you think would be better?

I'd like to get my Chrony back, so I could do a before and after.

I used the aluminum tape on mine with no issues.


1 or 2 layers?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:51 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Toronto Suburb
1 or 2 layers?[/quote]

I went big with ten layers because it is so thin. I used it for a while with no issues although like someone else said it was probably not doing any good for the plastic around the pin. I ended up having issues with the breach o ring not staying in place and stopped using it.

I agree that you should build up layers using a chrony until you think it's good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:51 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Toronto Suburb
Somewhere on the forum is the distance between the piston and tube. I remember measuring ten layers and thinking it would be okay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Got my pistol scope on. Waiting on the slide extender, and figure what to do with the muzzle.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
5 shot, 25ft group with 7.9 Daisy Wadcutters. Id call it a success.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO