Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:05 pm
Posts: 208
Location: ?????
https://airgunwire.com/umarex-introduce ... air-rifle/

It looks like it's meant to compete with the Air Venturi M1 Carbine and the Crosman 1077. One downside is that it uses the dual CO2 loading system as in the Umarex Legends Cowboy rifle which makes it a PAL rated firearm in Canada.

Interestingly, Ruger is praising Umarex for the replica design.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Winnipeg MB
I heard about this airgun last week. Found it interesting that Umarex decided to replicate this Ruger rifle. Though I suppose it is a very popular firearm.

Looks similar to Crosman 1077, other than dual CO2 & branding. Will be interesting to see how it compares in velocity, performance, accuracy, and price with the 1077. Wonder if it will come with wood stock option like the 1077.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2627
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
BB1Shooter wrote:
I heard about this airgun last week. Found it interesting that Umarex decided to replicate this Ruger rifle. Though I suppose it is a very popular firearm.

Looks similar to Crosman 1077, other than dual CO2 & branding. Will be interesting to see how it compares in velocity, performance, accuracy, and price with the 1077. Wonder if it will come with wood stock option like the 1077.


Well Crosman did copy the 10/22 when they made the 1077. I'm just curious what will be cheaper.. Umarex 10/22 or a Actual 10/22?

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2014/08 ... le-part-1/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:23 pm
Posts: 137
Location: Canadian Prairies
Another article:
https://airgunwire.com/a-ruger-10-22-air-rifle-in-every-home/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Winnipeg MB
Looks like it will be PAL rated like the unmodified Crosman 1077.

650 fps with lead pellets.

https://www.umarexusa.com/products/ruge ... -air-rifle


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Winnipeg MB
Regular Crosman 1077 is rated at 625 fps with lead pellets

https://www.crosman.com/repeatair-1077-177


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 6401
Location: Montreal
What's the point of having an airgun that copies a firearm if the airgun also needs a PAL?
If you have a PAL why not just get a 10/22? It still can't be legally shot where you want to?

_________________
Facebook is like ancient Egypt, people write on walls and worship cats

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Meaford, Ont.
1077 does not even look close to the 10/22. I see absolutely no resemblance at all. Stocks even look nothing alike.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm
Posts: 5878
Location: P.G. B.C.
Here's my 10-22 Ruger. It does have a few 'after marker' parts.

Oh yeah- the only thing 'stock' is the action body & bolt. All the rest, is after market.


Attachments:
Ruger Scores some more.JPG
Ruger Scores some more.JPG [ 150.13 KiB | Viewed 401 times ]

_________________
Best Wishes
Daryl
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Winnipeg MB
Really? Absolutely no resemblance at all?

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ruger- ... ding-rifle

https://www.crosman.com/repeatair-1077-wood-stock

Not even a small passing resemblance?

Crosman called it the 1077 to emulate the 10/22.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:00 pm
Posts: 616
....If it's rated at 625fps with .177 pellets, and they have to 'de-tune' it for the Canadian market....Then, why not sell it as a .22 pellet shooter in Canada instead of messing with the valve ? .....I'd prefer an 8 shot .22 version over a 10 shot .177 version anyday .....A REAL 495fps .22 shooter would be great, wouldn't it? .....I think that would've been a better option for the 1077, instead of the lame 320fps (real) version Canton Tire sells....I bought a PAL model from Canada Shooting Supply for $30.00 less than the one CT sells, but I wish it was .22 @ 495fps (or there abouts)....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Meaford, Ont.
replica
noun
1. a copy or reproduction of a work of art produced by the maker of the original or under his or her supervision.
2. any close or exact copy or reproduction.

Image

Not even a small passing resemblance?

They don't look the same to me. At least not my definition of replica. :wink: If that is a replica and they banned airsoft that look like replicas where does that leave us? Guess everyone sees it differently. Perhaps Ruger could have guided Crosman which could meet the definition.


CHEERS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2627
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
wheeliehd wrote:
1077 does not even look close to the 10/22. I see absolutely no resemblance at all. Stocks even look nothing alike.


If Crosman in 1994 figured out a CO2 system in the buttstock to make the forearm thinner. Unfortunately due to the Co2 tube its a bit fatter. But the 1077 was inspired by the 1022...Why else would they call it 10 77 ? Also you think if Crosman Copied it 100% in 1994, that they wouldn't be sued? Since Umarex has the license for Ruger.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Meaford, Ont.
leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
1077 does not even look close to the 10/22. I see absolutely no resemblance at all. Stocks even look nothing alike.


If Crosman in 1994 figured out a CO2 system in the buttstock to make the forearm thinner. Unfortunately due to the Co2 tube its a bit fatter. But the 1077 was inspired by the 1022...Why else would they call it 10 77 ? Also you think if Crosman Copied it 100% in 1994, that they wouldn't be sued? Since Umarex has the license for Ruger.


I agree with you. Only so many gun designs. Every gun resembles something already made before. Only thing resembles a 1022 is angle of the butt stock. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2627
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
wheeliehd wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
1077 does not even look close to the 10/22. I see absolutely no resemblance at all. Stocks even look nothing alike.


If Crosman in 1994 figured out a CO2 system in the buttstock to make the forearm thinner. Unfortunately due to the Co2 tube its a bit fatter. But the 1077 was inspired by the 1022...Why else would they call it 10 77 ? Also you think if Crosman Copied it 100% in 1994, that they wouldn't be sued? Since Umarex has the license for Ruger.


I agree with you. Only so many gun designs. Every gun resembles something already made before. Only thing resembles a 1022 is angle of the butt stock. :lol:


Like I said.. Back then there wasn't a buttstock Co2 design. If they did. They probably shape the forearm the same. But they probably get sued for copying it. Plenty of 1022 stocks with that contour. Personally and I owned many 1022s.. I found the stock ugly. I mean the 1022 is the lego of rimfires. And if they were not inspired by it. Or thought about copying.. why they call it the 10 77? Because 10/22 = 10rds 22 LR.. When clearly the 1077 is 12 rds 177..Why not the 1277? But they chose 1077, Which is to close to 1022.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO