Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:58 pm 

I have an xcortech X3200 https://www.ebay.ca/itm/X3200-Tactical- ... 2656537079
It's very convenient and works well with both airsoft and pellets (.177 and .22), for non PAL velocities at least, don't know about PAL guns.
It is however very alignment sensitive, so it can be very frustrating if the time needed to align the gun properly is not taken, then most of the shots will read "timeout".
With practice, I get readings about 80% of the time.
The model posted in the OP looks pretty similar, same operation principle at least, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good buy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:10 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
lauchlin wrote:
One is here fast shipping

b/c you live closest to China than the rest of us!
Looks like nice instrument.. post some "comparison" results when you can. Wonder if you can shoot through the new one and a Chrony in series? so same pellet just a foot apart?

I bought them for members to use i have a f-1 some were don't care how fast my guns are any more ....the other one arrived here today so there now both here

Attachments:
IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1105.jpg [ 284.58 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:19 pm 

be nice to see chrony shot results against the F-1 to see if there close or way off... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:04 pm 

Ace wrote:
be nice to see chrony shot results against the F-1 to see if there close or way off... :wink:

I will sent them both to you :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:43 pm 

Ace wrote:

I'll try to help out those that are still curious:
From the GTA forum, same long thread quoted above, summarizing those that have compared chrony readings:
gendoc
an example of my testing this china speed meter with my caldwell and my alpha chrony.
the speed meter averages about 9fps slower than the caldwell and 2 fps faster than the alpha...
Benjamin bulldog ......all 3 chronies showed between 720-729fps.

mclouter
I finally had the opportunity to compare velocities between my Prochrono and the AliExpress and they were spot-on. I was getting 950 to 960 fps over the Prochrono and 290 to 293 mps over the "Alichrono". I can't ask for anything better than that! Next up will be to shoot through it from inside my shed. This is where the lighting was giving my Prochrono fits.

Airgunhunter73
Well fellows I received my speed meter in just 16 days finally got a chance to try it out today I was a little disappointed, I set it up in front of my blue chrony and there was a difference of 19 to 41fps I'll be trying it again when I can set it up a little differently but I thought shooting thru it first would be better maybe not what do you all think.

There were comments in response to Airgunhunter73 that maybe he shot too close. if you are running CO2 the muzzle clamp version isn't a good choice.

soupyyy

Attachments:
Nova liberty 22.JPG
Nova liberty 22.JPG [ 132.19 KiB | Viewed 180 times ]

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:17 pm 

GLTRV wrote:
I have an xcortech X3200 https://www.ebay.ca/itm/X3200-Tactical- ... 2656537079
It's very convenient and works well with both airsoft and pellets (.177 and .22), for non PAL velocities at least, don't know about PAL guns.
It is however very alignment sensitive, so it can be very frustrating if the time needed to align the gun properly is not taken, then most of the shots will read "timeout".
With practice, I get readings about 80% of the time.
The model posted in the OP looks pretty similar, same operation principle at least, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good buy.

Got that one to ''X3200'', yes it is sensitive to alignement but work fine with pellet or BB's or Airsoft... Pellet weight and size is also adjustable
and it measure firing rate (rpm!), fps, mps and joules I think...

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:22 am 

lauchlin wrote:
Ace wrote:

:butthead: :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:38 pm 

Ace wrote:
lauchlin wrote:
Ace wrote:

:butthead: :lol: :wink:

I guess i should fined my chrony i have a printer for it some were but my daughter thinks dads house is her personal warehouse so my normally empty upstairs rooms are all full of her crap and full is a understatement............ :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:51 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
my daughter thinks dads house is her personal warehouse so my normally empty upstairs rooms are all full of her crap and full is a understatement............ :roll:

You and me both, one reason I'm looking forward to retiring on VI - she doesn't want to leave "the East" :lol:

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:25 pm 

I have been using ACEtech AC6000 which is a similar to the E9800. I don't have another Chronograph to compare it to but it appears to be pretty accurate with .177 and .22 pellets. I have been testing with Izzy 46M, MP-61, Daisy 953, Daisy 853C, 2240, Colt SAA and XBG. Readings are consistent and easy to use. The hole is a little small (36mm) and is pain for CO2 guns as you have to shoot farther away as the gas throws off the reading. I put a small dent in the silver ring aleady.

There is settings for size and weight of pellet/BB, but weight only goes up to 9.9 grams. I think it's only used for calculating power (i.e. Joule and J/cm2).

What I like about it is, no light requirements like Chrony or Caldwell. Display is easy to read and second screen shows sequence of shots with min/max/avg. Has mounting for tripod, uses 4AAA or USB.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:04 pm 

Sounds like the one I had, except mine had a built in rechargeable battery. Like you say, it works pretty good for non co2 guns. Co2 was the death of mine. Lost concentration trying to shoot further back and blasted it!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk