Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:18 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJELN7dH6Bw
Interesting review and points to consider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:45 pm 

I want the gen IV. I don't care about pellets or BB's much. I have accurate guns, replicas (to me at least) are fun guns. Made to kill soda cans in the backyard.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:59 am 

DocGadget wrote:
I want the gen IV. I don't care about pellets or BB's much. I have accurate guns, replicas (to me at least) are fun guns. Made to kill soda cans in the backyard.

Same here to. 8)

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:08 am 

I think every airgunner needs to have at least a glock in their collection

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:58 pm 

pistolero is probably right. Esp. if you are a collector of replicas.

I am just waiting to decide which Glock 17, ie. Gen 3, Gen 4, or pellet/BB.

All seem to have pro's & cons. Like, more fps with Gen 3. But they report that the Gen 4 is more realistic, and mag is more accurate to original. An then there is the accuracy of the pellet version.

How to decide? That's the dilemma. As I only want to buy on. I hear a blow back Glock 22 may also be in the works. The choices seem never ending.

Don't want to end up with 4, like I have with the Umarex Colt Peacemakers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:32 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
pistolero is probably right. Esp. if you are a collector of replicas.

I am just waiting to decide which Glock 17, ie. Gen 3, Gen 4, or pellet/BB.

All seem to have pro's & cons. Like, more fps with Gen 3. But they report that the Gen 4 is more realistic, and mag is more accurate to original. An then there is the accuracy of the pellet version.

How to decide? That's the dilemma. As I only want to buy on. I hear a blow back Glock 22 may also be in the works. The choices seem never ending.

Don't want to end up with 4, like I have with the Umarex Colt Peacemakers.

Exactly! That's why I didn't get the P320, I felt they could do better and the M17 seems to be a bit better but still not what I was expecting. The P365 on the other hand will definetly be coming home when they come out!
I managed to only get one Peacemaker (for now)! But did get the 1875 and a black Schofield. I'll be getting the polished Schofield and a 7.5" Peacemaker on my yearly PA order when my parents reach warmer US climate and last summer I ordered the DPMS and tried very hard not to get the Hellboy but couldn't resist it and I'll probably get the new shorter AR Crosman has too. They should all take a year or 2 off to let us catch up to them, also I need more budget and space.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:19 am 

When is the Gen 4 expected to be available?

DocGadget wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:14 am 

BBKen wrote:
When is the Gen 4 expected to be available?

DocGadget wrote:

It's available in Europe so I guess it's on it's way here?
The PyramydAir page is already partly done https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umarex_Glock_17_Gen4_CO2_Blowback_177_BB_Gun/4806
Seeing how they're cranking them out right now... unless there's a production problem I'd say spring?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:00 pm 

DocGadget is right. Too many choices in too short a time frame. It's tough on the budget & storage.

To quote Rossi Morreale, when he was talking about the new Crosman Bushmaster MPW CO2 Blowback BB Machine Gun "where was this when I was a kid".

But that's what makes our world so great. Just real hard to choose just one. That's why I'm deciding on which Glock.

The new Crosman Bushmaster MPW CO2 Blowback BB Machine Gun should be interesting. Looks like a shortened version of the DMPS SBR. May use same mag. as the DPMS.