Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Kingston, ON
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cros ... 6375p.html

Any feedback good/bad on this rifle. Youtube has mixed reviews many ppl say it leaks like hell after a while.
I am considering getting one to convert to HPA.

_________________

Duke ))))----//----------==


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:26 pm
Posts: 297
Location: Any Town ONTARIO
The only reason to convert this to HPA would be that it does not require a PAL . By the time you convert it you will have more invested in it than the PCP version of this rifle . Just my opinion take it for what it's worth .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Kingston, ON
Understood, and that is the reason I would convert it. PAL versions are not in the cards for me, otherwise i would get a 1077W from Canada Shooting Supply. I am interested in understanding the mechanism and the joy of modding it more than anything else.

_________________

Duke ))))----//----------==


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 6401
Location: Montreal
How accurate and loud is it? Can I shoot it in my backyard without my neighbor going crazy?
And why is not on sale at my CT store?!?!

_________________
Facebook is like ancient Egypt, people write on walls and worship cats

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Kingston, ON
Apparently it is very quiet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wv6KRVMM-4
No idea why not on sale at your local store.

_________________

Duke ))))----//----------==


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 pm
Posts: 758
Location: Toronto
Dukemeister wrote:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/crosman-repeatair-1077-air-rifle-1756375p.html

Any feedback good/bad on this rifle. Youtube has mixed reviews many ppl say it leaks like hell after a while.
I am considering getting one to convert to HPA.


topic79642.html
I returned mine to CT and will not try another.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 pm
Posts: 758
Location: Toronto
Dukemeister wrote:
Apparently it is very quiet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wv6KRVMM-4
No idea why not on sale at your local store.


CT has regional sales . I was told months ago that Toronto GTA area will not have airguns on sale until late spring until Fall


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Meaford, Ont.
Thought about getting a 1077 while back and bulk fill it. Changed my mind and got a QB78S instead. Bulk fill not going so well on QB78S. Almost think the Air chamber may be a touch bigger than a QB78. Can't stop the leaks out the threaded cap on 800 psi. Put on t-tape works for a bit then a pop and leaks again. Cap with piercing pin never leaks with CO2 Caplets at about same pressure and do not have to t-tape it. Solved the problem last night and ordered a QB Chief. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:00 pm
Posts: 225
wheeliehd wrote:
Thought about getting a 1077 while back and bulk fill it. Changed my mind and got a QB78S instead. Bulk fill not going so well on QB78S. Almost think the Air chamber may be a touch bigger than a QB78. Can't stop the leaks out the threaded cap on 800 psi. Put on t-tape works for a bit then a pop and leaks again. Cap with piercing pin never leaks with CO2 Caplets at about same pressure and do not have to t-tape it. Solved the problem last night and ordered a QB Chief. :oops:


sandwich a washer inside the piercing cap and the knob, this will help push and seat the o-ring seal into the tube, if you feel your finger inside the tube, you will notice the inner most is thicker and has smaller size inside diameter.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Meaford, Ont.
pistolero wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
Thought about getting a 1077 while back and bulk fill it. Changed my mind and got a QB78S instead. Bulk fill not going so well on QB78S. Almost think the Air chamber may be a touch bigger than a QB78. Can't stop the leaks out the threaded cap on 800 psi. Put on t-tape works for a bit then a pop and leaks again. Cap with piercing pin never leaks with CO2 Caplets at about same pressure and do not have to t-tape it. Solved the problem last night and ordered a QB Chief. :oops:


sandwich a washer inside the piercing cap and the knob, this will help push and seat the o-ring seal into the tube, if you feel your finger inside the tube, you will notice the inner most is thicker and has smaller size inside diameter.

Thank you. Have to find another one of them hard washers and get fitting machined with another seat seal lower.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:00 pm
Posts: 225
wheeliehd wrote:
pistolero wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
Thought about getting a 1077 while back and bulk fill it. Changed my mind and got a QB78S instead. Bulk fill not going so well on QB78S. Almost think the Air chamber may be a touch bigger than a QB78. Can't stop the leaks out the threaded cap on 800 psi. Put on t-tape works for a bit then a pop and leaks again. Cap with piercing pin never leaks with CO2 Caplets at about same pressure and do not have to t-tape it. Solved the problem last night and ordered a QB Chief. :oops:


sandwich a washer inside the piercing cap and the knob, this will help push and seat the o-ring seal into the tube, if you feel your finger inside the tube, you will notice the inner most is thicker and has smaller size inside diameter.

Thank you. Have to find another one of them hard washers and get fitting machined with another seat seal lower.



I got mine from the dollar store :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3498
Location: Edmonton
To return to the topic, I would describe the 1077 as 1.5 steps above a toy. I purchased five of them @ $79.95+ as loaners for the Edmonton Airgun Club (EAGLE) (So $90 is only on sale according to CT pricing standards for airguns). The primary ingredient is plastic -- I believe the barrel is even "non-metal," although I may be mistaken. Having said that, the accuracy is suprisingly good despite the rough, dual-action trigger and pathetic sights (I bought cheap glass for mine). Lots of semi-strong, consistent shots on one C02 cart, although far from consistent if you buy into their "as fast as you can pull the trigger" marketing pitch.

I would say it's worth the buy as a disposable plinker out to 20, maybe 25 yards, but I would invest my time and money in something with a stronger foundation as a conversion unit -- the QB78D was my successful step up, but that's when they were $139 @ Scopes and Ammo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:44 am
Posts: 356
Location: Interior BC
Dukemeister wrote:
Any feedback good/bad on this rifle.
I am considering getting one to convert to HPA.

My thoughts like others, it is a entry level co2 air rifle.

Our Canadian version of the 1077 is pretty wasteful on co per shot. This is how they get a std 625fps co rifle to shot at 495fps. To just convert it to HPA and not fix the wastefulness of the rifle would be a very hard thing for me.
But it becomes a "catch-22". Once you do a simple mod, it's back to the std 625fps. And now you're talking a PAL rated rifle.
Doing a conversion to HPA cuz you like to tinker...Fly at her!!! That's a good platform to start on and learn.
And if something does go wrong...you're not out a lot coin and you can just chalk it up to experience.
The 1077 is pretty actuate to 10m but not much more. Is it too loud for your back yard..."Are you neighbors old a deaf?"
If you're in the city and have Bylaws...is it worth it?!!!
I went the same route but converted a Hammerli 850 .22 (900+fps)
Still my second fav PCP. :mrgreen:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Kingston, ON
Thanks for the input. My conclusion is that a 1077 is a waste of time and effort.

_________________

Duke ))))----//----------==


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:26 pm
Posts: 297
Location: Any Town ONTARIO
Cheaper to get your pal !! Then you can have whatever !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: shoot and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO