Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: colt saa ivory grip mod.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:59 pm 

has any body here tried anything like this yet. I found this guy on you tube that did it. and his turned out beautiful. I didn,t wan,t to screw my gun up. so I just tried it on a replica ivory gripped derringer I have. didn,t work to good so I,m not going to try it out on my colt saa bb gun. wondered if any one has tried anything else. also you can dye the grips a dark yellowish color to give them an aged look. the umarex colt saa pictured on the bottom is the you tube one.and if you click on the derringer pics twice they get real big. anybody.?

Attachments:
IMG_0091.jpg
IMG_0091.jpg [ 363.01 KiB | Viewed 209 times ]
IMG_0088.jpg
IMG_0088.jpg [ 353.12 KiB | Viewed 209 times ]
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg [ 214.6 KiB | Viewed 209 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:12 pm 

Sry, can't help you, but I shot 2 identical pistols to that one back in about 1976 - at the Thompson mountain range. They to, had engraved, pearl-white ivory grips,
however one was a .45 Colt and the other, a .44 mag. To simulate what shooting that .44 mag was like, you have to stand in front of a heavy, oak desk. Raise your
right hand over your heak, open your fingers as wide as possible. Slam your palm down flat on top of the desk as hard as you possibly can - THERE - you just fired one shot.

The .45 was a pussy cat in comparison.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:28 pm 

I saw a picture on the Pyramyd Air site that showed someone who dyed the grips of the Colt, Remington & Schofield. I thin there is a video on youtube.

https://cdn.pyramydair.com/images/custo ... 72ca43.jpg

https://www.pyramydair.com/customer-pro ... olver/4309

On the positive side, they now sell spare grips for the Peacemaker & the Schofield. So you have an option if you mess up.

https://www.pyramydair.com/search-resul ... ccessories

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:35 pm 

ahhhh. i figured sooner or later they would start selling spare grips -- in different colors. but i didn,t know they had them out now or i wouldn,t have put this post up. but i guess if done right they still look pretty good.