Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Discovery scopes
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1157
Location: Eastern Townships, P.Q.
I just ordered two Discovery scopes from Wes, the VT-3 3-12x44 FFP AO and the VT-3 4-16x44 FFP AO. I saw great reviews and comments online, and Wes' service is top notch, so I made the step :) . One is for my Taichi-X rifle, the other one for my .177 Beeman QB78. They both have a 30mm tube, a lot of interesting characteristics, and come with rings.

Anyone else here have one of those, or another Discovery model?

_________________
Too many projects,
Not enough time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Discovery scopes
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:11 am
Posts: 278
Location: Near Montreal, Quebec
Yep! I got a HI 6-24X50 AO/SF and sf wheel from Wes. Great guy to deal with (OK this is not the Feedback section...sorry)
But this scope is awesome. It really rivals with theH....ke...brand scopes in turns of features...clarity...and build quality. Love it. It's on my KRAL that I've dedicated to FT shooting.

I have recently checked with Wes about the new (to me) FFP 30mm tube scopes in the VT3 3-12 X44 model to see how it compares with the BugBuster 3-12X32sf. It looks close...but I prefer not having the IR feature of the Discovery which I don't need or want and it also adds weight to the scope. But have to agree with Airmec...they're nice. I must also mention that the Discovery scope I got had a very very well written User/instruction Manual + a Lifetime Warrantee certificate. This speaks about the quality to be expected.

Hawk-i

_________________
Daystate Huntsman Regal XL .25
Beeman QB Chief.22
BSA SuperSportSE grt .22
KRAL Puncher Marine .177
Ind.Brand AR2078 B Match .177
Weihrauch HW50S .117
SigSauer P320 M17
Webley Hurricane
Weihrauch HW45 SS .22
Daisy Avanti 747
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Discovery scopes
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1157
Location: Eastern Townships, P.Q.
Hawk-I wrote:
Yep! I got a HI 6-24X50 AO/SF and sf wheel from Wes. Great guy to deal with (OK this is not the Feedback section...sorry)
But this scope is awesome. It really rivals with theH....ke...brand scopes in turns of features...clarity...and build quality. Love it. It's on my KRAL that I've dedicated to FT shooting.

I have recently checked with Wes about the new (to me) FFP 30mm tube scopes in the VT3 3-12 X44 model to see how it compares with the BugBuster 3-12X32sf. It looks close...but I prefer not having the IR feature of the Discovery which I don't need or want and it also adds weight to the scope. But have to agree with Airmec...they're nice. I must also mention that the Discovery scope I got had a very very well written User/instruction Manual + a Lifetime Warrantee certificate. This speaks about the quality to be expected.

Hawk-i


Thanks for chiming in Hawk-I :) . I also have 4 scopes of the brand you mentionned (love them!) and was wondering how the Discoverys would compare with them. Just can't wait to test them!

_________________
Too many projects,
Not enough time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Discovery scopes
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:27 am
Posts: 2551
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
I have a couple of the more pedestrian version- the 3-9 X 40 A/O 2nd FP 1/2 mil-dot.
Nice little scopes for the money.

Not really a fan of the FFP, and it's shrinking reticle. I suppose they'd be o.k. if all I did was target-F/T work. I'm a hunter, and having to go above 14 X or so for a full reticle is quite problematic...

Wes was mentioning in an elsewhere post something about a 3-12X 2nd FP Discovery...

-D.S.

_________________
"Ain't no half-way"
-S.R.V.

Eye Protection!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Discovery scopes
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1157
Location: Eastern Townships, P.Q.
Doc Sharptail wrote:
I have a couple of the more pedestrian version- the 3-9 X 40 A/O 2nd FP 1/2 mil-dot.
Nice little scopes for the money.

Not really a fan of the FFP, and it's shrinking reticle. I suppose they'd be o.k. if all I did was target-F/T work. I'm a hunter, and having to go above 14 X or so for a full reticle is quite problematic...

Wes was mentioning in an elsewhere post something about a 3-12X 2nd FP Discovery...

-D.S.


Well this will be my first experience with a FFP scope, so I guess I'll have to learn to use it. I don't hunt, I just plink and target shoot, standing and bench-rested, so I'm curious about how it'll be compared to my 2nd FP scopes. Also I think their reticles and turrets are in MilRad rather than MilDots, I'm not familiar with that at all.

_________________
Too many projects,
Not enough time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Discovery scopes
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:27 am
Posts: 2551
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Looking forward to your user reviews.

-D.S.

_________________
"Ain't no half-way"
-S.R.V.

Eye Protection!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Discovery scopes
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1157
Location: Eastern Townships, P.Q.
Just got them! As soon as time and weather permits, I'll test them and post back.


Attachments:
IMG_6177.JPG
IMG_6177.JPG [ 67.27 KiB | Viewed 359 times ]

_________________
Too many projects,
Not enough time
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Discovery scopes
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:27 am
Posts: 2551
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Nice lookin optics!

-D.S.

_________________
"Ain't no half-way"
-S.R.V.

Eye Protection!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Discovery scopes
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Edmonton
airmec wrote:
Just got them! As soon as time and weather permits, I'll test them and post back.



Post pics of the reticle at full power please


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Discovery scopes
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1157
Location: Eastern Townships, P.Q.
Ronan_357 wrote:
airmec wrote:
Just got them! As soon as time and weather permits, I'll test them and post back.



Post pics of the reticle at full power please


Here you go, sorry for the flash spots. You can see it better here: https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/discovery-v ... e-on-sale/


Attachments:
reticle.JPG
reticle.JPG [ 26.76 KiB | Viewed 230 times ]

_________________
Too many projects,
Not enough time
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Discovery scopes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:19 pm
Posts: 82
Location: Alvinston, Ontario
Any time to shoot yet? Looking forward to your review as I was looking into a Discovery for my Diana 350 in the near future.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO