Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 1322 mods.....????
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:57 am 

Hi People....Hope everyone had a good May 24 week end....I ended up buying a Crosman 1322 at Princess Auto....well I should say exchanged for a pair of tires and rims that I had purchased for my trailer that didn't fit...anyways....I decided to take my fondness of air guns to a new level...modifications. I decided to start with the 1322 after watching a couple vids and seen that it is a easy gun to start with. I had come across a website that had all the upgrades I wanted to do...steel breach , 24" barrel etc and I was pretty sure I bookmarked the site but due to my sometimers I find I never bookmarked it and now can't find that site. I looked here hoping someone had mentioned a good site to buy upgrades for the 1322 but never came across a post in this regard. Can anyone help me out here ? It would be greatly appreciated.Keep in mind of course I'm in 1000 Islands , Ontario so I would prefer a Canadian site to keep my costs down.

Post subject: Re: 1322 mods.....????
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:34 am 

If your planning on modding, get a chrony. 1322 are still pistols, and adding 24" barrel. Might put it over 500 fps. Making it restricted.

Ignorance is no excuse.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:23 pm 

really.....I would have thought a longer barrel would make it more accurate.....?????

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:26 pm 

majikman wrote:
really.....I would have thought a longer barrel would make it more accurate.....?????

It can, but it also increases velocity. And if you're planning on doing mods without a chrony. Is not a great idea. Because I'm certain that a 24" barrel will make a stock 1322, shoot over 500 FPS. And you now broke the law. A member here did a test with a 2240 ( well actually a 2260 but they are just a 2240 with a longer main tube ) with different barrel lengths. From a 7.5 to a 24" made it shoot over 100 FPS more.

So means you need to choke the transfer port, or clip the hammer spring. So it doesn't shoot over 500 FPS. Each gun is different so that where the chrony comes in play. Over 500 FPS you require a firearm license. ( Well 500 fps and 4.2 FPE ) But when it comes to air pistols. They become restricted firearms, subject to registry and shot on range only.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:39 pm 

hmm.....gonna have to look into that.....thanks for the heads up

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:56 pm 

http://www.cothranmachine.com

Try this one ~ It's a pity that I didn't find it before I buying parts for my 2240/1322 from eBay... Very very nice stainless steel parts for the American Classic ~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm