Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 1322 mods.....????
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:57 pm 

Hey people.....just got a Crosman 1322 from Princess auto with intentions of doing a couple modifications . One of my purchases I had planned was a 24" barrel with the expectations of having better accuracy , but I was told that it would increase my fps to 500+. I wasn't planning on buying a chrony so I was wondering if a member here has done a 24" barrel mod on a 1322 with a chrony and what was the end result. And while I'm here and asking I also planned on a steel breach ....can't imagine that raising the fps but I didn't think a longer barrel would either. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: 1322 mods.....????
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:22 pm 

i have 14 inch barrel on mine, duper accurate

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:23 pm 

i have 14 inch barrel on mine, super accurate and legal.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:55 am 

I think hes more saying whats the FPS. You can purchase every mod for a crosman and say its legal, since you legally purchased them Doesn't mean the end goal is the required FPS limit for Canada without a license. If you never ran it over a chrony. Then ignorance is no excuse.

I got scolded by a dealer saying that a gun could be re classified if it's easy to modify.

You can get a cheap Chrony from Ali express for under 40$. That would be accurate enough to get an idea.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:55 am 

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2007/07 ... co2-rifle/

Maybe this can provide some idea?!

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 am 

leadslinger wrote:
I think hes more saying whats the FPS. You can purchase every mod for a crosman and say its legal, since you legally purchased them Doesn't mean the end goal is the required FPS limit for Canada without a license. If you never ran it over a chrony. Then ignorance is no excuse.

I got scolded by a dealer saying that a gun could be re classified if it's easy to modify.

You can get a cheap Chrony from Ali express for under 40$. That would be accurate enough to get an idea.

Hey Leadslinger which crony from Aliexpress have uou ecperornce with.
I need a new one..

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:34 pm 

Interesting read YepYep.....looks like I'll have to get a chrony before I start playing with modifications

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:06 pm 

That is the best idea ~
And I sent you a PM in the morning and you can check your forum inbox to have a look ~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:06 pm 

walther wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

Hey Leadslinger which crony from Aliexpress have uou ecperornce with.
I need a new one..

I have a Chrony F1. But there is threads on GTA, saying the Aliexpress ones are accurate enough. Just be aware they are in MPS, which requires to convert after to FPS.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Shootin ... 151ccfb279

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:26 pm 

Thanks guys for giving me a heads up on the 24" mod......the money I saved on something I can't use can go towards a chrony.....always thought of getting one but never had a use for it but I guess I will now.....

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:38 pm 

majikman wrote:
Thanks guys for giving me a heads up on the 24" mod......the money I saved on something I can't use can go towards a chrony.....always thought of getting one but never had a use for it but I guess I will now.....

Well a Chrony is cheaper than Legal fees.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:18 pm 

You can also add a wood stock like the one walther has which isnt a performance mod but a cosmetic mod and it will cost a few bucks but i feel is worth it...

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:41 pm 

trickster2000 wrote:
You can also add a wood stock like the one walther has which isnt a performance mod but a cosmetic mod and it will cost a few bucks but i feel is worth it...

I had a lot of fun designing and fabricating every piece of wood and metal on that stock:)
Nothing like feeling of making your own "toys"

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:06 pm 

I've found 18" to be pretty much the limit for <500 air rifle/carbine mods, as far as performance/efficiency is concerned. And yes, the probability is high that you will take an already well-performing air guns over the 500fps limit by using an 18" barrel. So, a chrony is crucial to making any further adjustments necessary to keep them out of RPAL territory.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:24 am 

1322 with 14" barrel and the GMAC flat head valve/piston.
Very accurate with JSB 14.3gr at 430fps (8 pumps, max number for GMAC)
Less accurate with Crosman 14gr domes.

to be an accurate shooter with this gun has less to do with the barrel and more to do with how you hold it. The gun is super lightweight and when you release the hammer there can be a shutter that vibrates throughout the rifle even before the pellet leaves the barrel. Anything you do that makes it heavier is going to help improve accuracy.

.whatever barrel length you decide on 14 18 or 24 I would highly recommend the floating barrel mod. This is where you throw away the plastic barrel band. I threw away the band and that crappy roll pivot pin. Replaced the pin with a 3/16 drill bit shank and inserted rubber cone washers on either side of the pivot at the end of the air tube. I did this because in my 1322 pumping made the barrel move. Alliance Hobbies sells a fancy floating barrel plug/pivot point for $50 or so but I'm happy with the end of the tube being open.

Attachment:
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1199.JPG [ 254.24 KiB | Viewed 1368 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1195.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG [ 173.71 KiB | Viewed 1368 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1189.JPG
IMG_1189.JPG [ 286.31 KiB | Viewed 1368 times ]