Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:32 am 

Crosman/Benjamin Distributor has confirmed that RCMP does not want to allow Marauder Rifles anymore into Canada unless the shroud is removed completely. They are trying to see if RCMP will allow a modified version of the rifle which will have the shroud cut to same length as the barrel(like Canadian version of Gauntlet) however RCMP might disagree on this as well.

For now, there will be no more new stock coming as per the distributor. Since Crosman/Benjamin requires a large order commitment to make a modification like that, it is likely that only certain best seller models will be brought in as the modified version to suit Canadian requirements, if approved by RCMP. However, the effort to get approvals etc for the new model will be done later this year.

I am not sure how this is a wise move from our establishment. Thousands of air-gunners in Canada already own these rifles. If the long shroud is not allowed anymore then what happens to people who already own one of them. How is that legal then?

This has truly left me "baffled" :)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:41 pm 

canadashootingsupply wrote:
This has truly left me "baffled" :)

Silence! The law is shrouded in mystery just to keep us baffled!

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:59 pm 

Lol! That's a bunch of funny for a sad topic!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:34 pm 

What about the guns legally brought into Canada, that have shrouds that
had baffles removed at the order of the RCMP to obtain legality here?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:10 pm 

It's pretty obvious that the government just doesn't wanting law abiding citizens to enjoy the fun of our hobbies.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:27 pm 

Daryl wrote:

A mass letter to turn them in.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:25 pm 

It doesn’t have to make sense, our strict gun laws don’t make sense and don’t do anything to prevent crime. Unfortunately the marauder is the first and it won’t be the last, either they’ll be added to the prohibited list or they’ll let it slide for awhile then demand compliance and they’ll have to have the shrouds removed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:57 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Daryl wrote:

If I do get that letter, I will simply shorten the shroud to make it the same length as the bl. NP.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:02 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Daryl wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Daryl wrote:

If I do get that letter, I will simply shorten the shroud to make it the same length as the bl. NP.

I had this done when I first bought mine out of the US. But it does require threading if you want the end cap still.

If they do prohibit them, I think that'll mean they're prohibited, regardless if the shroud is cut back.

This is the RCMP/Canadian government, so it of course makes no sense - a .22 that looks like an AR is restricted, but the Israeli Tavor, a 5.56 Bullpup designed for combat, is non-restriced?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:23 pm 

Don’t other air rifles have similar issue then?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:55 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Battscrew wrote:
Don’t other air rifles have similar issue then?

It's all over the map with what the RCMP allow with Airguns. Sometimes they allow things that really surprise me, other times they deny things that I thought they'd 100% allow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:06 am 

There are a lot of shrouded Day Stat, Air Force, FX and Air Arms rifles in Canada that have shrouds as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:20 am 

They have said no to me on multiple times when I tried to import shrouded Artemis/SPA/KRAL guns where the shroud would have been cut to same length as of the barrel. I was told to get the shroud removed completely.

It does seem that we are heading towards "no shroud" policy from RCMP. I guess the million dollar question is how will they deal with the existing ownership.

Benjamin Fortitude was never approved for import for the same reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:40 am 

pirellip wrote:
I had this done when I first bought mine out of the US. But it does require threading if you want the end cap still.

If they do prohibit them, I think that'll mean they're prohibited, regardless if the shroud is cut back.

This is the RCMP/Canadian government, so it of course makes no sense - a .22 that looks like an AR is restricted, but the Israeli Tavor, a 5.56 Bullpup designed for combat, is non-restriced?

Going to get worst since Bill C71 was approved. Once It becomes actual law. RCMP can make any changes as they see fit. Before I knew about suppressors and airguns. I inquired about TKOs. He said he ships 1/2 dozen a week to Canada. Heck I see people here trying to sell them.

Some of those 22 LR AR's you can put a 223 upper on it, or made with the same receiver as an AR. Hence why they're restricted. Define combat.. Rem 700, Winchester Model 70 were used as sniper rifles for 40 years plus, Rem 870/1100/Mossberg 500/590/Ithaca shotguns all seen combat. Not to direct off course, just saying.

Like I said. It's going to get worst.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:51 pm 

As of today they are still selling the Marauders with the shroud. Why aren't the sellers being told to stop selling them.