Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Purchased a couple of these cool looking and very bright, green laser sights https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LPI ... UTF8&psc=1 off Amazon for use with my various pellet pistols. These come with Picatinny / Weaver mounts unsuitable for standard dovetail rails, but 1 inch scope rings work just fine. I was very surprised with the quality of this item in general given the price which includes all the accessories, rechargeable battery and charger. The actual laser sight itself is very well constructed, but the implementation of the Windage / Elevation adjustments and the mounting of the electronic driver board to laser unit leaves a bit to be desired.

First thing one should do is disassemble the main unit (very easy to do as everything is threaded) and reinforce the bare bones hot glue job holding the driver board to the brass laser assembly. A significant amount of pressure is applied to this board whenever a battery is inserted, the battery end making contact with and compressing a spring terminal. I discovered both of my units had very little adhesive and all the force was being applied to the delicate wires connected between circuit board and laser assembly. A small amount of Household Goop (available at any hardware store) applied over top and around the existing blob of hot glue, bonded these two parts together quite nicely.

Second problem to address is the single leaf spring which applies pressure against the adjustment turrets -obviously with a bare bones simple triangular type system like this, adjusting either windage or elevation is going to cause a shift in both planes, making for a very difficult, if not impossible sight, to sight. I removed the crappy leaf spring and carefully installed two small compression springs (again purchased as a 464 assortment on Amazon for peanuts https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005J4 ... UTF8&psc=1) at 180 degrees to the adjustment turrets. This arrangement applies pressure equally in both directions, making for a much better adjustment system, where windage and elevation come closer to working independently as they would in a proper scope.

Hope this mod may be of interest and inspiration to other members.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Attachments:
File comment: Laser Assembly Disassembled
IMG_1138.jpg
IMG_1138.jpg [ 171.91 KiB | Viewed 360 times ]
File comment: Original Leaf Spring
IMG_1136.jpg
IMG_1136.jpg [ 119.36 KiB | Viewed 360 times ]
File comment: Compression Springs Installed
IMG_1128.jpg
IMG_1128.jpg [ 129.69 KiB | Viewed 360 times ]

*Air Arms S510 Extra*FX Streamline*Daystate Huntsman*Hatsan BT65*Benjamin Marauder*FX Dreamline*Cometa Orion*Weihrauch HW100S*QB78D 875 FPS*Brocock Concept*Artemis PP700S-A*Diana Chaser*Snowpeak CP1-M*Artemis PP800*FX Radar*Kral Puncher*Artemis M11*

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:46 am 

Very nice mod!

通过我的 ALP-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:32 am 

Great idea! I should do this mod on the ones I've got here.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk