Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Umarex 2020 releases?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:16 pm 

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea what new rifles/pistols Umarex may release in 2020?

I'm particularly interested in what they might release in the "Legends Series" and in terms of any new Colt Single Action Army variants (4 3/4" barrel length?).

Has anybody heard anything? I'm dying to know; I'd settle for rumours at this point. Haha.

Best,

Keith.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:52 pm 

I have heard that the Glock 17 gen 4 full blowback .177 BB pistol, should be released later in 2019 or early 2020, followed by Glock 19x.

Both are currently sold in Europe.

Also, 3 other versions of the Legends Cowboy Lever Action BB rifle are being sold in Europe, in addition to the black one sold in North America. They are the weathered version, Gold version, and Silver version. But no word yet, from people at Umarex USA on the release on these other versions.

Here is a video of the Gold version (but in airsoft not steel BB).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjFRVJqy4E

I am with you, hoping they come out with the "Gunfighter's" version of the SAA with a 4 & 3/4 inch barrel. Can't understand how they have come out with numerous styles in 3.5", 5.5" and 7.5" barrels, but no 4.75" barrel. What gives?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:38 am 

There's a couple of Colt single-actions in this list, if that's what you're after...

http://enews.pyramydair.com/q/y_D0lrHqk ... QLJQL3eKLy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:01 pm 

Nothing new there Cisco.

All of these were introduced an number of years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:55 pm 

Let them bring out the stuff they announced 6 months ago first :lol:

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:19 pm 

I said this a long time ago when the first umarex colt saa western style gun came out. "the floodgates are now open". you can bet we are going to see some more real beauties in addition to the ones that are already out now. patience.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:29 pm 

I hope so, Pete. I hope so.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:48 pm 

It would be nice to see a replica of the Colt Lightning revolver or M1877 (basically a double action version of the SAA). The actual firearm has notorious mechanical problems but I'm hoping Umarex would improve it with today's technology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_M1877

Interestingly enough, it was made in response to compete with the early double action Webley revolvers, which were popular across the Atlantic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Mason_(Colt)

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 6.38.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 6.38.43 PM.png [ 420.88 KiB | Viewed 356 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:16 am 

so just wanna thank you guys (kidding-- my own stupidity.)-- I almost blew a hole in my foot a few minutes ago. with all this talk of cowboy guns I took my old Crossman peacemaker (.22cal.) out to the garage for a try. I had it refurbished a couple years ago but it didn,t work after that and has been sitting in my closet. so I put a co2 in it --jiggled the stuck cylinder back and forth and it unjammed. so I took a shot at the floor and I,ll be damned-- there were still 2 pellets in it-- and of course this time it worked. I had bare feet with sandals on and the pellet just missed my foot and bounced up and hit the ceiling. another lesson learned. lol. top pics I took today. bottom one is older pic(I tried a paint job on it.) double click for larger pics.

Attachments:
IMG_0302.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg [ 285.99 KiB | Viewed 316 times ]
IMG_0300.jpg
IMG_0300.jpg [ 287.27 KiB | Viewed 316 times ]
004-1.jpg
004-1.jpg [ 168.12 KiB | Viewed 322 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:22 am 

pete wrote:
I said this a long time ago when the first umarex colt saa western style gun came out. "the floodgates are now open". you can bet we are going to see some more real beauties in addition to the ones that are already out now. patience.

I hope you're right because right now they seem to be sitting on their laurels and milking the cow before bringing other stuff out...
I think they could easily have made an M1A1 Thompson when they made the MP40. Maybe they did and are just waiting to not bring a bunch of them out at the same time. Like what they're doing with the Glock. They're waiting to get the gen4 out so more people buy the previous generations. Same thing with the Cowboy rifle.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:05 pm 

Pete:

Nice paint job on the SA6. I have one as well, got it from Marvin a couple of years ago. Shoots fairly accurately, with the rifled barrel.

Tell us how you went about painting it and how did you get the grips that color and smooth. Mine are black/grey with a bone textured. Did you paint the grips off a later model 44?

My only complains with SA6 (& 44) are that, I only get around 30-36 good shots per CO2 (vs. around 100 with Umarex Colt Peacemaker) and that you can't compare the pellet loading on the SA6 with the realistic shell loading on the Colt.

To add to the wish list, Umarex should consider a .22 cal. Peacemaker, along with the 4.75" barrel model.

Too bad Umarex releases way more different versions of the peacemaker & Cowboy Lever Action in Europe & Asia, than in North America. It tells you where the head office of Umarex is.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:26 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Pete:

Nice paint job on the SA6. I have one as well, got it from Marvin a couple of years ago. Shoots fairly accurately, with the rifled barrel.

Tell us how you went about painting it and how did you get the grips that color and smooth. Mine are black/grey with a bone textured. Did you paint the grips off a later model 44?

My only complains with SA6 (& 44) are that, I only get around 30-36 good shots per CO2 (vs. around 100 with Umarex Colt Peacemaker) and that you can't compare the pellet loading on the SA6 with the realistic shell loading on the Colt.

To add to the wish list, Umarex should consider a .22 cal. Peacemaker, along with the 4.75" barrel model.

Too bad Umarex releases way more different versions of the peacemaker & Cowboy Lever Action in Europe & Asia, than in North America. It tells you where the head office of Umarex is.

thanks bb. does yours say made in dunnville on it. and does it have the plastic grips. mine is an original made in dunnville which is a little town about 15 minutes away from where I live in port colborne. it,s a model .22 cal. the grips are the original made of wood. and the trigger is silver. I just sanded the gun down masked it and painted it two different colors. I sanded the grips and stained them with wood stain and clear coat. shoots hard and pretty accurate.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:07 am 

Mine is the US version. Marvin had a Dunnville version, but the one I bought was in better shape. My Crosman 99 is a Dunnville.

My SA6 has the plastic, black & grey grips. Didn't know they came with wood grips.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:44 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Mine is the US version. Marvin had a Dunnville version, but the one I bought was in better shape. My Crosman 99 is a Dunnville.

My SA6 has the plastic, black & grey grips. Didn't know they came with wood grips.

ya my older brother bought this one originally about 50 years ago. I remember he was going around town shooting stop signs and stuff. so my father took it away from him . and after all these years I got back into shooting. didn,t know what happened to it after my father died and then finally I found out my youngest brother had it. so I got it from him and had it refurbished. the guy that did it used to be a member on here. he worked a few blocks away from where I lived. when I took it to him he was really surprised that it had wood grips and a silver trigger. they look and feel a lot better than these newer models. but I like the new ones to. sorry for the long story .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:59 pm 

that's not a long story..
that's a short history.

thank you for it.