Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:53 pm 

I bought the Bushmaster MPW and it's glorious! I love it, I haven't shot it yet but I'm already in love with it.
It's my fourth AR type rifle (Steel Force, Hellboy, DPMS and MPW) and I totally get why people like them.
It's just so well balanced. It has some heft but not too much, it's light but not too much, the pistol grip fits right, the shoulder stock is adjustable to wathever length you want... I'm totally hooked.

The new MPW is about the same size as the Umarex Steel Force with it's silencer (which is removable, more on that) but with a more weight and all working buttons and switches.
I wasn't sure about the FDE but it's sexy.

The only thing I didn't like is the dumb plastic looking fake silencer. Well, it is plastic and it does look dumb. Crosman could have invested in a better looking one. The only thing I can see is they didn't want it looking "too much" like a real silencer? But the thing is it DOES serve a purpose! It's not just covering the barrel... it's holding it there too! So if you remove the silencer and you tilt the gun barrel down, the barrel will fall down! Good news if you for some reason want to change the barrel, bad news if you think the silencer is ugly! And it's really too bad because underneath that crappy looking mock silencer is the same thread found on the DPMS and a bunch of airsoft guns.
So right now I'm not sure if I should just epoxy a better looking one over the existing one or if I should seek a replacement but I don't know if I can find one that will hold the barrel in place...

I haven't shot it yet so no accuracy report yet.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:00 pm 

Keep us posted Doc.

Would like to read your comparison with the DPMS, since they seem very similar.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:48 pm 

Bought it from where exactly?

:?:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:14 am 

ya doc c,mon-c,mon-c,mon. we wanna see. I am tempted to buy it but pretty expensive. there is a good you tube video on this gun. the guy does a lot of vids on you tube. type in true Canadian airguns. at the end the cops come and arrest him for shooting it .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:27 pm 

pete wrote:
ya doc c,mon-c,mon-c,mon. we wanna see. I am tempted to buy it but pretty expensive. there is a good you tube video on this gun. the guy does a lot of vids on you tube. type in true Canadian airguns. at the end the cops come and arrest him for shooting it .

Yeah, I watched that review on the Bushmaster by True Canadian. I told him to be careful and not shoot any of his airguns within city limits in the future. They didn't confiscate his guns, but apparently he got a fine for discharging a firearm which is prohibited within his city.
I'm going to pass on this Bushmaster as I'm not thrilled with the mock silencer and wobbly M4 style butt stock. One of the reviews on this gun below talks about it at the 14 minute mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npz83oLtG1U

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:02 pm 

Is there an easy way to put pics here without going to an external source and registering and uploading pics on a different account?
Thru Google pics? Or the Tapatalk app maybe?
I can't wait to get rid of that plastic suppresor. I'm gonna take measurements this week-end and will go shopping at airsoft stores :twisted:
Buy it. If you like full auto BB gun fun, go ahead and treat yourself.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:55 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
Is there an easy way to put pics here without going to an external source and registering and uploading pics on a different account?

When you post a reply, you can add a jpeg picture that's in your files by clicking the ''browse'' button just under the reply box, browse to the folder where your picture is, left-click to highlight it, then ''select'', then it'll show to the right of the ''browse'' button, and then you click ''add the file'' on the right. I think the picture must not be over 200 ko in size, I use Pinta image editor to resize my pictures. Hope it makes some sense!

Attachments:
demo.jpg
demo.jpg [ 142.45 KiB | Viewed 211 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:17 pm 

megiddo65 wrote:
pete wrote:

Yeah, I watched that review on the Bushmaster by True Canadian. I told him to be careful and not shoot any of his airguns within city limits in the future. They didn't confiscate his guns, but apparently he got a fine for discharging a firearm which is prohibited within his city.
I'm going to pass on this Bushmaster as I'm not thrilled with the mock silencer and wobbly M4 style butt stock. One of the reviews on this gun below talks about it at the 14 minute mark.

I thought you could change stocks on it? It is AR compatible?

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:30 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
megiddo65 wrote:
pete wrote:

I thought you could change stocks on it? It is AR compatible?

I don't know. I don't have any AR stocks to swap on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:13 pm 

I just watched a guy on you tube do it! It's mil spec and the piece that the stock slides on is made of metal.

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32