Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:10 pm 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
Plate restrictor is a very thin washer with a tiny hole~ usually located beneath the port sleeve seal...

I have not seen one in a while. They are one of those small items like the safety detent ball that are easily, (and conveniently, depending on your mood) lost.

-D.S.

Never seen one of those...but it sure would come in handy for tuning purposes...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:17 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
Start with the 18 and factory tp size. See what you get and adjust tp size as required.

Since I prefer the 18 inch barrel for looks I suppose u r right that I should install it and detune if its too fast and tune it up if its still not closer to 495 fps....I wish I had that little washer Doc sharptail mentioned....that would probably do the trick if the fps is too high....I may not NEED to reem out the port sleeve after all....just might need that port sleeve washer....or reasonable facsimile....hmmmm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:25 pm 

pelsby wrote:
If you wish to incorporate the eighteen inch barrel why not just use a port restrictor ?

Sorry about that Pelsby....I like to give credit where credit is due.....you were the first to mention the port restrictor....thanks...I'll look for a few for future tuning...They'll come in handy..... :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:38 pm 

Look inside old tape players and vcrs for a source of thin washers of the diameter and hole sizes .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:03 am 

pelsby wrote:
Look inside old tape players and vcrs for a source of thin washers of the diameter and hole sizes .

They're also a great source of small screws, nuts and bolts that can be difficult to source.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:14 am 

MyCrosman wrote:
Doc Sharptail wrote:
Plate restrictor is a very thin washer with a tiny hole~ usually located beneath the port sleeve seal...

I have not seen one in a while. They are one of those small items like the safety detent ball that are easily, (and conveniently, depending on your mood) lost.

-D.S.

Never seen one of those...but it sure would come in handy for tuning purposes...

Attachments:
SAM_4304.JPG
SAM_4304.JPG [ 433.03 KiB | Viewed 1985 times ]
SAM_4306.JPG
SAM_4306.JPG [ 430.63 KiB | Viewed 1985 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:52 pm 

Hobby shops that sell RC cars, planes, etc. have all kinds of tiny, thin washers of various sizes in aluminum, steel, hard plastic, etc.