Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:59 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
G'Day fellow AirGun Enthusiasts!

Just received two tins of JSB Exact Jumbo Heavy Diabolo 18.13 Gr pellets from AGS in .22 ....... almost every skirt is damaged or deformed to the point of jamming magazines and / or hitting everything but the bullseye. Anyone else run into this problem? I've shot thousands of rounds of these over the years - first time I've had a bad batch of JSBs in any calibre.

Cheers!

Avianmanor
Attachment:
IMG_1522.jpg
IMG_1522.jpg [ 120.89 KiB | Viewed 945 times ]

*Air Arms S510 Extra*FX Streamline*Daystate Huntsman*Hatsan BT65*Benjamin Marauder*FX Dreamline*Cometa Orion*Weihrauch HW100S*QB78D 875 FPS*Brocock Concept*Artemis PP700S-A*Diana Chaser*Snowpeak CP1-M*Artemis PP800*FX Radar*Kral Puncher*Artemis M11*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:50 pm 

WOW never seen that before. I'm sure ags will make it right.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:07 pm 

Yes, please advise final outcome. AGS has always been fair, in my dealings with them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:14 pm 

E-mail Travis and he'll send you two new tins of the same pellets. I had the same issue yrs ago with the Air Arms pellets I bought from them. Majority of the pellet skirts were crushed so I drove down to AGS and he checked another batch of tins and the condition of the pellets before giving them to me.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:45 pm 

Just out of curiosity... I just opened a brick of JSB Exact Jumbo 15.89gr from AGS and have the same problem as shown :(
The first top tin had damaged skirts same as shown and the bottom last box had a tin that was badly crushed.
Sad to say I am not impressed with shipping and handling of these heavy packages. Seems like they were tossed or dropped on the ground. First top tin had about 15% of the pellets damaged and I did not even want to look at how many were damaged in that bottom crushed can. :cry:

This was a group buy with another buddy of mine and I hate to break the news to him when he gets back from holidays.

MM

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:56 am 

My two tins of ratty JSBs were well packed and delivered by courier with the new FX Dreamline PCP Rifle -doubt very much these pellets were damaged in transit -would appear to be factory defects. Travis responded immediately to my email on Saturday no less, and without question has offered to ship out replacements. There was never any doubt AGS would look after their customer.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*FX Streamline*Daystate Huntsman*Hatsan BT65*Benjamin Marauder*FX Dreamline*Cometa Orion*Weihrauch HW100S*QB78D 875 FPS*Brocock Concept*Artemis PP700S-A*Diana Chaser*Snowpeak CP1-M*Artemis PP800*FX Radar*Kral Puncher*Artemis M11*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:44 pm 

I agree that these are damaged in shipping. I've had some similar denting but nothing even close to as bad as the pix posted here.
JSB skirts are very delicate as you know, which is one reason they work so well, but I guess this is the price. Crosman Premier are built like tanks but I don't have as good of luck w/ them. Shippers don't give a rats buttock, they throw those boxes all over the place. Sometimes when I rec a pkg it's so damaged I can't even imagine what could've caused it! Lots of youtube vids of UPS etc throwing boxes.
Could've been the shipping b4 it got to your dealer. Like I rec'd some Nutella (omg yum) and the box it was shipped to me in was fine, inside not so much so clearly it was packaged like that. It was two plastic jars heat shrunk wrapped together and it had taken such a hit that both lids were popped off, one split, and both foil seals popped and bleeding that heavenly goodness all over. The tough plastic heat shrink connecting them was intact and holding the lids in their original place, so they were basically reinforced by that and still blew apart. Can't imagine the shipper did not see that b/c they bled onto the clear wrap. That shipper is blowing me off btw >:| More and more I find sellers do that, or they make it so hard to get a replacement or refund that it's not worth it.
Makes me worried b/c I have a lot of unopened JSB tins. I hate to break the seal on them until needed, but I guess I/everyone should do that first thing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 pm 

I just got in a 100 lbs or so of Jsb so I hope they are good!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:45 pm 

Travis and the boys @ AGS responded immediately to this issue by shipping out at no charge replacement tins of JSB pellets, no questions asked. Top notch service IMHO.

This is the first time I've ever encountered this problem with JSB product, and given there was no exterior damage to the tins, it's my opinion these pellets came out of the factory as defects not caught by QC. Even the business end of the pellets are misshapen, out of round and don't fit at all into magazines or chambers.

Always best to purchase your ammo from a reputable dealer, who will look after customers in the event of a problem like this.

Kudos AGS!

Avianmanor