Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:31 pm 

D&L can't get the Deluxe version. AoA doesn't handle or collect the extra fees. Brokerage will be handled by UPS and charged to me when it's delivered at my front door. The tricky part of the calculation is the brokerage fees- how much will it cost? It can make the total cost equal to or higher compared to a Canadian dealer. Gotta weigh the options further.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:57 pm 

You can call ups and let them know you want to self clear the rifle and then they will send the forms needed to do that. Then you go to your nearest CBSA office after filling out the paperwork and clear it.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:05 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
You can call ups and let them know you want to self clear the rifle and then they will send the forms needed to do that. Then you go to your nearest CBSA office after filling out the paperwork and clear it.

Or you can ask AOA if they accept to ship it with USPS, it will come in thru CanadaPost, no brokerage fees :D

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:10 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
wesb2007 wrote:

Or you can ask AOA if they accept to ship it with USPS, it will come in thru CanadaPost, no brokerage fees :D

^^^ THIS ^^^ +100. It'll save you A LOT of hassles if they can do that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:39 pm 

Yes brokerage fees with UPS could be close to $100, plus HST.

UPS makes it almost impossible to self clear the item. USPS (via Canada Post) charges a flat $10 brokerage fee.

I would recommend you ask seller if he can ship via USPS.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:42 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:

UPS makes it almost impossible to self clear the item. USPS (via Canada Post) charges a flat $10 brokerage fee.

Previously, they would not.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:

UPS brokerage fees are totally made up on the spot and to the agent working at the moment feelings.
You can order 2 identical items from the same place, a few weeks apart and you're not going to pay the same brokerage fees.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:18 pm 

I have had the same experience as DocGadget with UPS brokerage fees. Hard to tell what they base it on. Some times it is $35, sometimes $70+. But $35 seems to be the base price (lowest charge).

But if you pay for express air shipment they may not charge brokerage fees. But then shipping will be close to $90 US.

Never hurts to ask if they will ship USPS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:11 pm 

Finally received the HW30s Deluxe. Also got the Nikon P3 Target EFR 3-9x40 AO scope. Dropped of at the front door while I was at work. It was shipped through USPS, had to pay for delivery with AOA but no brokerage fee when it arrived here. Took a week plus to get here. Can't wait to test it this weekend. Thanks to all for the advice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:55 am 

That's great! Nice and smooth IMO~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:44 am 

Hey that's great! Congrats =)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:43 pm 

RJ88: I was eyeballin the 30 Deluxe too since it's such a good price, but I don't have a need for it so it would basically be like buying a piece of art. Still tempting tho since it's my kinda art, but I'm eyeballin a Marlin 1895 in 45-70 that is, imo, amazing looking and will look even better collecting dust.
Please post a good pix of it for us if you can, and of course your views on how it shoots which will no doubt be amazing. I modded my 95 a little, mainly I wanted to reduce spring twang. So if you want to do similar let me know and I can send pix of how-to.
Congrats btw! I love it when people buy a quality gun, for their bennie and also to support the mfg instead of the chinese and their crap.

BB1Shooter: I'd bet $ the two guns are identical and the CA seller simply used lighter pellets or it was in error, or they lied. I do not believe Weihrauch made a different HW30 in .22, I mean why would they?
I've bought from AoA several times and their sale prices are unbeatable. Since they're close to me I get whatever in 1-2 days. If that exchange rate etc is going to screw you then I guess D&L is the place, but sounds like RJ rolled the dice and won.
Maybe the trick is to not be home or answer the door so the UPS "person" (to be pc) will say F-it, I'm not coming back so no charge.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:08 pm 

I did roll the dice when I ordered it. The comments of other users helped in making the decision. In the end when I calculate the delivery charge and FX, I spent an extra $15CAD. Worth it for something unique and what I really wanted.

Tried it at my basement. Shot about 30x at 25-30 feet. Felt good, way lighter than the HW85 and so much easier to cock. Considering I'm in an enclosed area, it was not noisy.

I want to post a couple of pictures. Can anyone guide me on how to do it if I have the photos saved on my laptop? Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:16 pm 

RJ88 wrote:
I did roll the dice when I ordered it. The comments of other users helped in making the decision. In the end when I calculate the delivery charge and FX, I spent an extra $15CAD. Worth it for something unique and what I really wanted.

Tried it at my basement. Shot about 30x at 25-30 feet. Felt good, way lighter than the HW85 and so much easier to cock. Considering I'm in an enclosed area, it was not noisy.

I want to post a couple of pictures. Can anyone guide me on how to do it if I have the photos saved on my laptop? Thanks

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: topic80667.html :D