Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm 

Have been visiting here before but finally time to join, now that I am contemplating some form of semi-retirement.
Despite the fact that my first rifle (almost 60 years ago) was an air-gun, for the last five decades I have been target shooting with "real" guns of various calibres. But as my rural acreage becoming less and less rural I've switched (back...) to pneumatic power to have some less noisy fun in my front yard. I have a Czech TAU-200 4,5mm CO2 single shot with custom modified peep sights (for not so young anymore eyes) as well a couple of 4,5mm and 5.5 mm CO2 handguns. I am planning to get a larger calibre, maybe 9mm or similar, for a longer range shooting.
Anyway, I look forward to spending more time here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:50 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hello astolfo,

Thanks for the wonderful introduction and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have the ideal location for some serious air-gunning ........ be forewarned however, this stuff is highly addictive!

You will find allot of really nice people here offering a wealth of experience, knowledge and information.

When you get a chance, please add your geographical location to your profile as a courtesy to other members.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*QB78D 875 FPS*Weihrauch*HW100S*Artemis PP700S*Artemis PP800*Diana Chaser*FX Radar*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:33 pm 

Avianmanor wrote:
Hello astolfo,

Thanks for the wonderful introduction and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have the ideal location for some serious air-gunning ........ be forewarned however, this stuff is highly addictive!

You will find allot of really nice people here offering a wealth of experience, knowledge and information.

When you get a chance, please add your geographical location to your profile as a courtesy to other members.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Thank you for the kind welcome. And yes, I am quite aware of this addiction. As well I am wondering if any members here are building airguns, as I am contemplating this in the near futere. My background is in electrical-mechanical engineering and I do have a very well equipped machine shop, so it seems natural to combine both"addictions"...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:07 pm 

Welcome to the forum Astolfo! Happy hunting for that big bore air rifle.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:49 pm 

astolfo wrote:
Thank you for the kind welcome. And yes, I am quite aware of this addiction. As well I am wondering if any members here are building airguns, as I am contemplating this in the near futere. My background is in electrical-mechanical engineering and I do have a very well equipped machine shop, so it seems natural to combine both"addictions"...

Have a read of some of rsterne's posts... builds all kinds of cool guns and REALLY knows his stuff :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:55 pm 

Welcome! Sounds like you are a real tinkerer! Pick up a Qb78D and start converting it to pcp. That's a great project, with lots of great posts on the forums about, or build your own from scratch like Bob Sterne, as mentioned already =)
Welcome to the addiction!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:59 pm 

Welcome to the site, looking forward to your build

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:20 pm 

Thank you all for the welcome and the suggestions. I am actually designing a high power PCP air rifle and will start making it soon. It is a very different design- to my knowledge never implemented in the past. I shall be happy to show it here and to share the results once I complete the initial testing of the concept. Still lots of unknowns....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:04 am 

Looking forward to your results!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:17 pm 

[quote="wesb2007"]Looking forward to your results!

I'll present the progress...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:17 pm 

Wonderful! Thanks