Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 2105
Location: GTA, ON
leadslinger wrote:
You mean bullpup stocks? Easier to make a gun conceal. Laws made back when the government prohibited anything evil/para military. back in like 1991-1993.. Some guns were banned just by name.


Yeah,. that's back to my question... With R.PAL license, we can buy pistol. And whatever without the Bullpup stock or not, a Bullpup rifle is just as big as some kind of called 'take down carbine'... But we can own pistol, high power pistols like .357 Magnum, Desert Eagle, but the Bullpup is totally forbidden...



Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

_________________
Future AA ProSport
HW30/35
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2782
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
YepYep wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
You mean bullpup stocks? Easier to make a gun conceal. Laws made back when the government prohibited anything evil/para military. back in like 1991-1993.. Some guns were banned just by name.


Yeah,. that's back to my question... With R.PAL license, we can buy pistol. And whatever without the Bullpup stock or not, a Bullpup rifle is just as big as some kind of called 'take down carbine'... But we can own pistol, high power pistols like .357 Magnum, Desert Eagle, but the Bullpup is totally forbidden...



Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk


Well take down carbines, don't function broken down. I got a take down 22LR and kinda hard to shoot it without a barrel.

You are confusing Bullpup rifles, with bullpup stocks. Bullpup rifles are fully legal in Canada. I owned one of those Type 97, Father owns a Tavor. Both Bullpups and fully legal. Bullpup stocks are not legal. Like I said. Alot of the issues with these bullpup air rifle. They are just the regular models, in a bullpup stock, with a linkage from the trigger to another trigger. Thus RCMP prohibs them.

FX Impact is a bullpup rifle and legal in Canada. Because the stock is built into the action.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 2105
Location: GTA, ON
Okay! I think I got it...

Actually we can say the illegal Bullpup air rifle is some kind of mod to shorten a regular riflehs length and make it conceal and this is the main reason they are prohibited... And some kind of other 'true Bullpups' were prohibited as a 'side effect'....

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

_________________
Future AA ProSport
HW30/35
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2782
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Yeah it's confusing and stupid. But that why there are not many Bullpup air rifles in Canada. Because RCMP deem them just converted bullpups. Fear that someone would make a gun more compact and could conceal it. Has to stem from stupid rules made in the 90s. That banned alot of stuff.

There are some sub 500 FPS spring air rifle in Canada. But a buddy showed me a Hatsan Bull Boss and said he wanted it. He was very upset when I told him it's prohib. One because it was suppressed, and two it was a converted bullpup. Hes a cop and he thinks the laws are stupid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:14 am
Posts: 1680
Location: Calgary, Alberta
That's weird. I bought a .25 Hatsan Bullboss from Canada Shooting Supply last year. They just have the baffles taken out. It shoots nice, good power, but pretty heavy. Almost 10 lbs w/o scope. I took it gopher shooting earlier this year. Kinda heavy for field work. Maybe, I'm just a wuss?

Quote from Raman:
"Hi Rich,

I checked with RCMP before ordering. They said it was within legal limitations to be considered non-restricted. Some of the power burners like Norinco T97 and T81 are actually smaller in length.

Having said that, I have taken them off from the site due to lack of margin."
I think it depends on which RCMP officer you talk to...and what mood they're in.

Rich

_________________
"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Bruce Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:31 am
Posts: 54
Location: CALGARY
I tried to order a Dream lite Lite & the stock AGS would bring in the lite,but not allowed to bring in the stock..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 2105
Location: GTA, ON
The .25 bullboss is that heavy? Looks if we can get the Benj Bulldog, .357, just about 7lbs...

And if you talk to one officer says that's no problem... But when you shoot it, another officer comes and says it's prohibited...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

_________________
Future AA ProSport
HW30/35
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:14 am
Posts: 1680
Location: Calgary, Alberta
YepYep wrote:
And if you talk to one officer says that's no problem... But when you shoot it, another officer comes and says it's prohibited...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk


Definitely, quite the pickle I'd be in.

Rich

_________________
"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Bruce Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2782
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Castle02 wrote:
That's weird. I bought a .25 Hatsan Bullboss from Canada Shooting Supply last year. They just have the baffles taken out. It shoots nice, good power, but pretty heavy. Almost 10 lbs w/o scope. I took it gopher shooting earlier this year. Kinda heavy for field work. Maybe, I'm just a wuss?

Quote from Raman:
"Hi Rich,

I checked with RCMP before ordering. They said it was within legal limitations to be considered non-restricted. Some of the power burners like Norinco T97 and T81 are actually smaller in length.

Having said that, I have taken them off from the site due to lack of margin."
I think it depends on which RCMP officer you talk to...and what mood they're in.

Rich


Sorry I never seen one for sale, so I just assumed it's wasn't allowed. I think alot of the airguns laws are stupid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:14 am
Posts: 1680
Location: Calgary, Alberta
It’s all about timing. I think i just got lucky while browsing their site.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Bruce Lee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 462
Location: Winnipeg MB
So would the Bullpup ban also apply to the Pioneer Airbow by Benjamin?

https://www.crosman.com/airbow

It only shoots arrow at 450 fps, so is it also non-PAL?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 2105
Location: GTA, ON
Uhh..... It's 160fpe rated....

My 2240 is shooting about 6 fpe...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

_________________
Future AA ProSport
HW30/35
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2782
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
BB1Shooter wrote:
So would the Bullpup ban also apply to the Pioneer Airbow by Benjamin?

https://www.crosman.com/airbow

It only shoots arrow at 450 fps, so is it also non-PAL?


Cannot find anything post 2016 about it. Alot of hype about it. But back then it was deemed prohib. Being it was just a converted Crosman Bulldog.

topic70866.html


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO