Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Legal or Not????
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:08 am 

I have my takedown .22 inside a canvas gun case and my bear spray and bullets locked in a metal box and its all inside my canvas bag you see here for portability. Is it legal to transport this on my motorcycle to go shooting in the country. Not sure if its considered concealed because technically my gun is inside a locked gun case...and inside this bag. Anyone know?

Attachments:
IMG_20190917_110036.jpg
IMG_20190917_110036.jpg [ 155.11 KiB | Viewed 394 times ]

Post subject: Re: Legal or Not????
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:21 pm 

For any rifle, yes, you are good to go. Just keep that bag in your possession and
it doesn't even need a trigger lock.

The ammunition does not need to be locked in anything, no does the spray. Both could be in your pocket.

The rifle's magazine nor chamber can have any ammo in them of course, indeed, it would be legal to have loose
magazines (clips) loaded, but I would not for simple transportation as there is no need.

When I go hunting and take along a .22 or .17HMR for grouse, all my RF magazines are loaded, sitting in the console
tray, along with CF ammo for the rifle that is leaning muzzle-down in the passenger seat- just in case I see a deer or
grouse on the way to where I am hunting. These are located there to be handily once I am off the beaten path (highway
or paved road).

I assume you have a valid P.A.L.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:00 pm 

Yes that is legal. My buddy called a firearm lawyer because he had this guy trying to tell him you need to put a patch on your case saying firearm inside, if you transporting a gun in anything but oblivious rifle case/bag, Or else it would be concealed. Lawyer told him that guy is stupid.

Also you don't need a trigger lock because it's a take down, and apart the gun is rendered useless. Unless you got super powerful lugs and can blow dart a 22 thru the barrel. JK.

I use a tool bag for my guns.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:07 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
I use a tool bag for my guns.

[emoji38] not a violin case?!

The lawyer's response is so funny and made me laugh ~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:28 pm 

If you read the RCMP brochure or web page on storage, display and transport it use words like non-transparent and out of site for the container so the idea you then want to advertise there is a firearm inside is ...silly..... it is worth carrying a copy of the document with you whenever transporting in case you are stopped... any LEO actually don't know the real rules. My instructor said to have one handy and if stopped and asked if you are transporting you say yes sir and while I get to hem please review this since it is the guide I am following.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:17 pm 

It's all about intent.
- If you are transporting where/when it is legal to do so... no problem with your setup. Having a firearm in a bag is OK.

- if you are transporting where it is not legal to do so... then, no. Having firearms in a bag is not legal.