Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Pellet damage comparison
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:09 pm 

Just bored, wondering if any one can show the damage diffrence between 177 cal up to 30 cal each caliber at minumum and maximum velocitys.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:57 pm 

I look forward to your tests. I don't have the time to do that sort of testing as I'm to busy to be bored.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:20 pm 

Daryl wrote:
I look forward to your tests. I don't have the time to do that sort of testing as I'm to busy to be bored.

Ha ha, well said. :drinkers:

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:04 pm 

This is an upgraded 'soup can' test~ I like it better than just watching the boring numbers~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:39 pm 

I was hoping some one had a caliberr and damage comparison

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:56 pm 

Actually it's too much data as too many pellets types, models, brands....which makes the result very complicated... So using a Chairgun app to input the weight and velocity to calculate the energy will be a better way to provide an good estimate to answer your question ~

And....... You can always find it out by yourself ~ it's a good way to build the relationship with your beloved guns... (I like to shoot everything I found and I didn't shoot it before.... [emoji38])

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:12 pm 

And don't think you can shoot explode an apple..... I tried it at the very first time for my own tests...

So far the most satisfying shooting vs a glass cellphone case which I had been using for about half year and dropped some times so the broken edges scratch my hands and have to retire it.... So.....

https://youtu.be/pgrR8YCOWhs

And 1 second happiness gave me about 10 mins cleaning time around the area.... :-(

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:18 pm 

Completely different critters....

Sub 500fps .177 dents a soup can @ 10yrds...full power .30 punches holes in my 2x8 fence @ 60yrds....and HAMMERS larger pest species like skunks.

Al

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:27 pm 

Yeah... Actually it's all about energy (ft.lbs) then~

But if the OP means the 'cinema effects' , some times more powerful usually means a more cleaning cut hole and not likely have a good satisfying visual effects...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:08 am 

YepYep wrote:

But if the OP means the 'cinema effects' , some times more powerful usually means a more cleaning cut hole and not likely have a good satisfying visual effects...

Yes, here is a example. Take a clay pigeon for skeet. You can shoot them with say a 223. 55grn at like 2900 FPS, and the clay pigeon sometimes will not move, break or crack. Just punch right thru. So you don't even think you hit it. But can shoot it say with a slower round and they will shatter.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:51 am 

leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:

Yes, here is a example. Take a clay pigeon for skeet. You can shoot them with say a 223. 55grn at like 2900 FPS, and the clay pigeon sometimes will not move, break or crack. Just punch right thru. So you don't even think you hit it. But can shoot it say with a slower round and they will shatter.

Happened to me a few year ago. A big beach was left after a party, it was at the end of the yard so we figured we would shoot it.
We let my young step brother shoot it first. 1-2-3 shots and the big ball hasn't moved. I get my turn, same thing, my father in law is laughing at us and gives it a try with the same results... we each try it a few more times and figuring something is wrong here, it's impossible that we ALL missed such a big target even if it was quite far away, so we go down and the ball is FULL of holes but it was night time and cold, the rubber had hardened a bit and the ball wasn't deflating.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:09 pm 

My case was shooting the wild apples on the tree..... I thought I might explode the apple or shoot it down to the ground... But just similar and hardly see the apple moved and thinking no reason I would missed so many times... Then finally got closer and see there is some holes and a piece of apple was taken away from the back side I couldn't see from where I aimed...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:22 pm 

Sub 500 HW30s VS ham can (Holiday brand) @ 9 yards

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:27 pm 

Haha cool i can do some .22 comparisons at 750 fps ill get pictures up tommorow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:22 am 

YepYep wrote:
And don't think you can shoot explode an apple..... I tried it at the very first time for my own tests...

So far the most satisfying shooting vs a glass cellphone case which I had been using for about half year and dropped some times so the broken edges scratch my hands and have to retire it.... So.....

https://youtu.be/pgrR8YCOWhs

And 1 second happiness gave me about 10 mins cleaning time around the area.... :-(

Shot a frozen apple once it exploded nicely, sub 500 fps .177 at 6 yards. Just saying :drinkers: