Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:06 am 

Hi how's it going all ,
Love the pistol. It's the easiest to shoot super accurate with. Amazing fun , when you can actually hit stuff.
Well I shoot at night mostly so my red dot kinda bites. Besides I'm totally not a fan unless competing with steal . I love spending money on these replicas especially because I shot most variants of all the replica's real steel versions.
I shot single hand big bore and small bore at a master level. So I would love to open up the race Tanfoglio a bit at my steal targets and paper with open sights. I shot the red dot well but ... too hard at night.
So I was hoping someone adapted open sights on the this amazing for what it is pistol. I would definitely love to shoot this pistol accurately because it can.
Thanks much appreciated.
Captain Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:18 am 

Looks like they just removed the rear sight and replaced it for a slide racker. So for the rear sight, you just need to find the parts.

As for the front sight, I cannot tell, but may have a U shaped blank. That would slide in from the front. Where the front blade would be.

Common for Tanfoglio and CZ pistols.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:46 am 

I agree with you that this is definitely a very nice replica, I wish that it has an open sight too. blowback is very crisp and snappy, accuracy is there too.

Captain Air wrote:
Hi how's it going all ,
Love the pistol. It's the easiest to shoot super accurate with. Amazing fun , when you can actually hit stuff.
Well I shoot at night mostly so my red dot kinda bites. Besides I'm totally not a fan unless competing with steal . I love spending money on these replicas especially because I shot most variants of all the replica's real steel versions.
I shot single hand big bore and small bore at a master level. So I would love to open up the race Tanfoglio a bit at my steal targets and paper with open sights. I shot the red dot well but ... too hard at night.
So I was hoping someone adapted open sights on the this amazing for what it is pistol. I would definitely love to shoot this pistol accurately because it can.
Thanks much appreciated.
Captain Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:25 am 

The Tanfoglio Limited Custom had open sights but, unfortunately, is no longer available.
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Tanfoglio_Limited_Custom_CO2_Pistol/3238

The KWC version is available, however:
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/kwc-tac-model-45mm-bb-pistol-blowback

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:01 pm 

Thanks Pistolero and ColdAir , It is a bit heavy but that's why we buy many guns. When we have a little competition fun shoot then the custom 300 is my choice hands down. Some day I'll take videos it's fun shooting those little steel silhouettes.
Thanks Leadslinger for that info . Where can I locate a U shapped Blank? I guess as for the rear sight I can check any airSoft store maybe. If I can do this I'll take a pic.
Captain Air

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:46 am 

Captain Air wrote:
Thanks Leadslinger for that info . Where can I locate a U shapped Blank? I guess as for the rear sight I can check any airSoft store maybe. If I can do this I'll take a pic.
Captain Air

Sorry, I physically never seen the airgun in person. I'm just assuming they put the notch in for the front sight, since they got the rear sight cut. It might actually just be worth getting the one with irons.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:55 am 

I here that I should but I have this now so. I have to get the rear sight first. If I can do that then I will have a front sight made I guess. So back to happy hunting for a rear sight somewhere. Cheers Leadslinger ! Thanks again,
Captain Air

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:27 am 

Captain Air wrote:
I here that I should but I have this now so. I have to get the rear sight first. If I can do that then I will have a front sight made I guess. So back to happy hunting for a rear sight somewhere. Cheers Leadslinger ! Thanks again,
Captain Air

You should call the dealer and ask if you can in fact, put a rear sight on it. So don't waste your money buying one and it doesn't. But you may need to get the gun modded for the front. I looked at pictures and I see nothing, that would indicate the front sight ever being there.

You could probably drill and tap the comp or the slide for a sight pin like you seen on crosman muzzle brake. Actually my Target browning front sight is a post like an AR15. You take off the front sight hood and it's goofy, kinda expect a ramp front sight, but nope. Just a post.

Actually I used to have a competition 1911 in 45ACP, the front sight was on the comp, and I quite enjoyed it.

But good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:53 am 

Hi fellas ,
I finally have sights on the Custom 300. Ace came over and mocked up these awesome sights and they work great on the first try. He glued a true glow front and custom fit a basic rear notch blade sight. It just clicked from there. 200 rounds later it's still holding well, both rear and front. The funny part is it looks factory. Cool stuff... shoots Acers .... had to that one was too easy..lol
Captain Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:03 am 

Captain,
would you be able to please post some pictures, I would love to see how this comes out, as I have one of these

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:27 pm 

pic's from Captain Air.... :wink:
these are sight's he had in a parts bin, worked out great.... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:32 pm 

Wow~ it looks really really NICE~
As said, looks so original and much better than that IMO~ a very old school turret adjusting sight on a modern pistol and very match to each other~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:03 pm 

Very nice, gives me idea on putting one

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:27 pm 

Aced again.

:drinkers:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:10 am 

Morning ,Thanks guys for your thumbs up!
It's so much more fun to shoot now without all that weight.
Glad you guys like the set up. It's a keeper. There is two more new 300s in a box at the Blades4U Port Credit Mississauga.
Cheers,
Captain Air