Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:23 am 

Oh it likes them just fine,they out perform the crossman hollow points in all ways ! Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:34 am 

[emoji38] CPHP is not a good pellet ~ I now using RWS Hobby but you have better use a stick to seat the pellet a bit deeper into the barrel... Your gun may shoot as 460fps as previous response to the post~

And then my second choice wilk be the JSB RS, consistent, accurate, lighter weight, faster velocity ~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:57 am 

Hi YepYep,

I concur with Scott57:
Quote:
Exact RS (13.43g) avg.402.75 fps high setting, 330.42 fps "low" setting

Mine's a newer (fibre optic sights) .22 cal. unit with the 2 power settings. While I've heard the rumors that some HW45s were hotter than others, I think it's mostly a marketing effort...
They're a very well-made, very demanding pistol. Shoot one if you can...

I have a 'pre-owned' HW45 Silver Star in near mint condition. I have replaced the Breech Seal after purchasing OEM part from JKI in the UK.
My Chrony F1 is reading: 331.6 fps in the low setting and 402.5fps in the high setting while shooting JSB Trophy 14 grain lead pellets.
So would seem that these Weihrauch pistols are pretty consistent..in the new version anyway.

I am planning on installing a TinBum Tuning kit for the HW45 which will smooth out the action without affecting velocity. Got to first make a spring compressor for the pistol as the spring is much smaller in size and length than rifles. Project for this winter.
Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
S.A.G AR2078-B Match .177
Weihrauch HW50S .117
FAS 6004
Webley Hurricane
Weihrauch HW45 SS .22
Daisy Avanti 747
Artemis PP700S-A
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'