Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Beeman Sportsman RS2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:31 pm 

Recently I got my hands on a beeman rs2 (camo version non PAL .177) and a crosman quest 500(.177) from the same person on kijiji,both of them in good condition but both could use some love :) since none of them have ever been open.Now,problem is I promised my wife I will let one go :roll: since I bought four rifles within a month since I got in this hobby (diana panther 21 and Vostok izh 38 ) For Crosman quest I ordered new spring and seals from Gravel for little money but for this Beeman I couldn"t find parts in Canada .Maybe I didn"t know where to look or maybe I could fit seals and spring from other models.
Question is if this model of Beeman is worth the trouble of spending time and money on tuning or just let it go and make some room for a Diana .22 :wink:

Post subject: Re: Beeman Sportsman RS2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:46 pm 

Never put my hands on these two guns. But I remember I read before that the RS2 series has a good concept (one action comes with both 177 and 22 barrels and sbooter can switch barrel as needed at any time... ) but didn't complete it well so buyer just got a rifle which never doing well on either barrel...

And in the other hand, I heard good reputation on the quest, Quest 500 and Quest 1000 are both good guns. So I think you can let go the Beeman and keep the Quest??

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:44 pm 

Quest is a good rifle, that improves a lot with tuning and trigger mods, There are a lot of guides out there for doing just that, and plenty replacement parts are available. Beeman RS2 is a plinker at best, little to no info & parts available. Like Yep Yep said, nice idea, poorly executed, so keep it as a plinker or let it go.
BTW, Quest is a early Crosman Corp version of BAM B18/19 platform. I believe the 18/19 were the .177 and .22 cal versions with the same basic powerplant. Other names include Phantom, Classic, Vantage, Summit, Optimus, Venom - to name a few. Early versions were detuned using a long piston, and they had a rolled and stamped trigger blade. Later Crosman started using a machined trigger blade that can be modified to work like a GRT "gold" trigger (fake 2 stage trigger feel) that really improves shot cycle. If it has a long piston, no spring will bring it to full power. I owned 5 of these over the years, all were fun to tune and they were all decent shooters overall when done. But they do take work to get them decent.

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:08 pm 

Radu wrote:
.... I promised my wife I will let one go :roll: since I bought four rifles within a month since I got in this hobby ..

i'll pay you a dollar for any one you like,
...and then i'd like to store it at your house for a (looong)while. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:51 pm 

Dam helpful bunch on here. I will take the other one for 2 bucks then you can say you got twice as much as you got for the first one.also if you could keep :drinkers: it there for a while too please.