Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:58 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
Mustard seed huh....

We used wadcutters and bbs...pellet gun "wars" were a thing growing up. Stupid..you bet. Have dug out a few, but nothing was ever so deep a pocket knife couldn't be used...usually the skirt was still exposed. Have also had an air rifle dart in my back.

Slavia 630 w/Crosman wadcutter @~10yrds is stopped by a cotton tshirt, but leaves a bloody welt and 2.5" bruise that lasts for a couple weeks.

At the time, it didn't seem any worse than anything else we did...bled more working with barbed wire fences. No bubble wrap for the kids on a farm.

Not advocating it, and wouldn't do it again. It was stupid.

Al

Yup no bubble wrap growing up here. I was playing paintball at like 6 years old.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:28 pm 

It just goes to show that leather pants aren't just for Toronto parades. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:47 pm 

We had pellet gun wars at the end of the street. We went to an old asphalt plant after hours. Lots of shacks and machinery for cover. I remember hearing the pellets hissing past me when l popped out for a shot at someone. Me and my buddy shot at each other at the same time. I hit him in the neck and I took one in the ear. We were around 50 feet away from each other so they stung and left a welt. We went to novacks down town a couple times a year, bought our salvias and took the bus home with the guns hidden in brown paper. Great fun!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:04 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
I wouldn't say accidently..But I got shot with a BB gun..

LOL..
I wonder if you have older brothers like my 3, if one said "run" you would learn very quickly that is probably your best option and a ziggin and a zaggin was the best movement
So I've been shot many times "accidentally " is what I told ma and pops lol

another lesson itself when your the youngest of 5

Steve

Walther Falcon .25
Benji XL 1100

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:15 pm 

redwings wrote:
We had pellet gun wars at the end of the street. We went to an old asphalt plant after hours. Lots of shacks and machinery for cover. I remember hearing the pellets hissing past me when l popped out for a shot at someone. Me and my buddy shot at each other at the same time. I hit him in the neck and I took one in the ear. We were around 50 feet away from each other so they stung and left a welt. We went to novacks down town a couple times a year, bought our salvias and took the bus home with the guns hidden in brown paper. Great fun!

Iondon eh, i worked at novacks when i. was kid..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:17 pm 

barbas929 wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

LOL..
I wonder if you have older brothers like my 3, if one said "run" you would learn very quickly that is probably your best option and a ziggin and a zaggin was the best movement

Steve

Only child, but divorced parents, so I only see him once in a blue moon. Lets just say I was a handful on my mother.

Paintball in the house, catching the driveway on fire, melting army men, drive golf balls in the back yard, with houses behind mine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:22 pm 

Bb ricocheted into the groin area, didnt break the skin though.GWG blue jeans stopped it cold, I did walk funny for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:23 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
barbas929 wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

LOL..

Steve

Only child, but divorced parents, so I only see him once in a blue moon. Lets just say I was a handful on my mother.

Paintball in the house, catching the driveway on fire, melting army men, drive golf balls in the back yard, with houses behind mine.

Yup!!
Sounds familiar...good times

Walther Falcon .25
Benji XL 1100

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:20 am 

barbas929 wrote:
Yup!!

Yup fun times.

My buddy used to yell Randy Johnson fast ball, as he would be peddling as fast as he could on his bike towards you, and would whip erasers at you.

And yet, many would call us dysfunctional and such, crazy etc.. Been expelled, suspended from school. But most of us came out as Adults fine. House, wife, a pension, income, we cannot have kids, so we adopt dogs. Guess get it all out while you are young.

My step brother that never did anything I did, or was I'd say a goodie two shoes. Is way worst off than me. To the point his mother likes me more than him. They just bought a new house and there a room for me and Lori, and not him and his GF.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:06 am 

As they say, we're only young once....we all have our share of crazy things that we did. I think that's all part of growing up healthy :)

Thanks for sharing.

leadslinger wrote:
barbas929 wrote:
Yup!!

Yup fun times.

My buddy used to yell Randy Johnson fast ball, as he would be peddling as fast as he could on his bike towards you, and would whip erasers at you.

And yet, many would call us dysfunctional and such, crazy etc.. Been expelled, suspended from school. But most of us came out as Adults fine. House, wife, a pension, income, we cannot have kids, so we adopt dogs. Guess get it all out while you are young.

My step brother that never did anything I did, or was I'd say a goodie two shoes. Is way worst off than me. To the point his mother likes me more than him. They just bought a new house and there a room for me and Lori, and not him and his GF.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:01 pm 

I took one in the back from a Daisy Red Ryder @ ~ 20' just to see what it felt like. Frikkin regretted that one... No penetration, just pain. Was wearing a thin cotton T-shirt. Est 250fps? So 500 would no doubt penetrate and be much more unpleasant. I knew two guys that each lost an eye from airguns. One was a BB gun war, the other I forget, or never knew. One guys eye was white and nasty, the others was still brown but you could tell it was fukt.
Another kid in Jr High took one in the leg. Someone across the canyon from the school during PE, so est 2-300 yards. Surprised it went that far but it did and blood was running outta the hole. Seems to have bounced out so very little penetration. He was the fattest kid there, by far, so i'm guessing he was the target. I often wonder how many shots we didn't notice before he finally hit 'em?
I've seen more accidental discharges with firearms, but the only blood drawn from those was me being stupid, again. I shot a generic oscillating fan left out as trash in a field. Shot it w/ a 12GA mag load from ~2'. Pistol grip Mossberg 500, held like a pistol w/ one hand, aimed, turned my head, fired, instant pain and some blood on my deltoid. No biggie but now I stand a little further away when I do that stuff. Also shot a 1lb propane can from ~20' with a 12GA mag slug. It blew a hole in it in such a way that the can spun around and launched like a rocket right back at me. It was headed directly at my face but the recoil brought my left forearm up to block it. MFer that hurt. Can't believe it didn't break my arm b/c it felt like I took a home run swing w/ a baseball bat.
Yes I'm aware I do stupid stuff sometimes, but I have great fun and learn a lot doing it ;)
Wait, I take that back, one guy took a 22LR, I believe, maybe, in the chest via his brother while hunting rabbit on a farm in Pennsylvania. I was like 6 so they cudda been playing a joke on me, but they come in the house and he's got a big blood soaked spot on his chest and they said the rabbit went between his legs and the brother fired. They later showed me an '06 round claiming that's what got him. No panic, just clean it up and back to normal life. So either a 22LR, shotgun, ricochet or complete BS prank on the new kid. I'm leaning toward the latter but I totally bought it back then.