Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:56 pm 

Hi my 1322 has A Lot of mods,
ie adjustable flat top piston , internal valve smoothing and added volume, poly tube transfer port with an rj machine long riser breech.
After finally chronoing it I discovered I was not comfortable with its fps.
I already just chopped the 14.5 barrel to 12 ⅞ which is as short as I wanted.
I did all the work on it just for fun but absolutely wanted to keep it legal.
I've never heard of it (living in a bubble?) anyhow with a couple of turns (shorter) It's now shooting at 147 with 1.0 (.22) crosman pellets. The pump just barely stays shut when it's empty but otherwise it worked great.
Am I the only one that did not know , you can adjust the fps down by adjusting the piston a touch shorter?
????
:oops:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:20 pm 

Problem is that adding a pump may put you over....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:05 pm 

In stock form the 1322/89s shoot over both the fpe and fps limits anyways if you use a 9.9 gr hyper max....I don't know why that doesn't count with the powers that be..If it shoots over...it shoots over....so we're concerned with power modding a gun that already shoots over both limits......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:58 pm 

I assumed everyone knew about the piston thing, but I guess not? Fyi; having it adjusted to barely hold the handle when empty is not long enough for full power. Not sure where you're at now, just saying you could go more. How much more depends on the piston itself b/c the more it gives under pressure the more preload you need to max out power.

So if a 13xx is dialed in to shoot 499fps w/ ten pumps is considered legal, despite the fact that it breaks 500 w/ 11 pumps, then why can't you mod it so it makes 499 at say 5 pumps and simply refer to it as a 5 pump gun? (5 is just an example so no flaming me)
The main point of modding mine was not more power, but less pumps w/ the added bonus of more power if I feel like it. Since y'all can't have full power then I'd assume you'd want the least # of pumps to get to 499?
If it's b/c the mfg says it's a 10 pump gun then can't you say it's redesigned so that # no longer applies? For example; my "Chevota" was a Toyota, but after my mods it is legally not a Toyota anymore.
So if I had an airgun that uses various aftermarket and/or home made parts, it's no longer a 1377 and it just happens to be a 5 pump gun.
Or is nobody interested in that?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:30 pm 

put a smaller transfer port hole to make it sub 500 with a regular piston at 10 pumps works

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:51 pm 

Chevota wrote:
I assumed everyone knew about the piston thing, but I guess not? Fyi; having it adjusted to barely hold the handle when empty is not long enough for full power. Not sure where you're at now, just saying you could go more. How much more depends on the piston itself b/c the more it gives under pressure the more preload you need to max out power.

So if a 13xx is dialed in to shoot 499fps w/ ten pumps is considered legal, despite the fact that it breaks 500 w/ 11 pumps, then why can't you mod it so it makes 499 at say 5 pumps and simply refer to it as a 5 pump gun? (5 is just an example so no flaming me)
The main point of modding mine was not more power, but less pumps w/ the added bonus of more power if I feel like it. Since y'all can't have full power then I'd assume you'd want the least # of pumps to get to 499?
If it's b/c the mfg says it's a 10 pump gun then can't you say it's redesigned so that # no longer applies? For example; my "Chevota" was a Toyota, but after my mods it is legally not a Toyota anymore.
So if I had an airgun that uses various aftermarket and/or home made parts, it's no longer a 1377 and it just happens to be a 5 pump gun.
Or is nobody interested in that?

In Canada the Rcmp will go with manufacturer instructions which is ten pumps , and they do not mess around.
For instances a 2260 in canada is only Available in Canada over 500 ft./s requiring a pal. Doesn't matter if you make it under 500 they will still call it that.
The only way to get around that is to use a tube is unmarked so the can't call it a 2260 they would have to prove it shoots over 500.
If I adjust my ftp tight with my current set up it would be restricted handgun at the very least. not cool .
Most 1322 in canada barely break 400 stock so getting 480-490 is still better plus at 5 pumps im still getting 400 which is fine for basement target practice.
Canada has stupid airgun laws but I won't break them.
[emoji17]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:03 pm 

pistolero wrote:
put a smaller transfer port hole to make it sub 500 with a regular piston at 10 pumps works

Sure would.
I would have to make a small washer as there is no transfer port in the set up in the traditional sense since it is a high rise breech. It uses a piece of poly tube .
I may do a silicone and brass tube version of the poly port when I feel motivated .
I at least feel ok about transporting my 1322 in my vehicle now.
This all started after I finally got a chrony and then just this week finished this for it and did not want to waste the carbon tube and cut a 4.2cm longer one to fit it yo my 14.5 inch barrel , plus I wanted to do a really nice crown on it(stock crosman was ugly)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:18 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:46 pm 

I wonder if buying an unmarked tube like this would make it possible to have it considered a unrestricted firearm if you have it in that stock of yours? You'd need an 18" barrel or maybe only a stock 14.5" barrel. I'm probably getting into too grey an area but it would be great if it was possible. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3178972724

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:12 am 

walther wrote:
In Canada the Rcmp will go with manufacturer instructions which is ten pumps , and they do not mess around.
For instances a 2260 in canada is only Available in Canada over 500 ft./s requiring a pal. Doesn't matter if you make it under 500 they will still call it that.
The only way to get around that is to use a tube is unmarked so the can't call it a 2260 they would have to prove it shoots over 500.
If I adjust my ftp tight with my current set up it would be restricted handgun at the very least. not cool .
Most 1322 in canada barely break 400 stock so getting 480-490 is still better plus at 5 pumps im still getting 400 which is fine for basement target practice.
[emoji17]

They mess around.. They just prohib a firearm that they gave a okay several years ago, because they messed around with it, be it machining or otherwise to go full auto. So don't assume they won't mess around with a airgun.

wesb2007 wrote:
I wonder if buying an unmarked tube like this would make it possible to have it considered a unrestricted firearm if you have it in that stock of yours? You'd need an 18" barrel or maybe only a stock 14.5" barrel. I'm probably getting into too grey an area but it would be great if it was possible. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3178972724

Problem is the unmarked tubes, the RCMP will say its a 13xx anyways. Even unmarked tubes are sold for 13xx.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:22 am 

I remember read before if you were a qualified gunsmith, you can use the parts to build your own gun and then you need to go through the complicated process to register this new model of gun in their database....

However I think that just too much trouble even if it's do-able...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:25 am 

rsterne wrote:
Problem is that adding a pump may put you over....

Bob

Was that not always the problem though?
This 1322 was bought in canada originally , I thought any pumper if over pumped could be an issue?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:27 am 

wesb2007 wrote:

Interesting , I had not seen the smooth tube 13xx tubes there..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:29 am 

leadslinger wrote:
walther wrote:
[emoji17]

They mess around.. They just prohib a firearm that they gave a okay several years ago, because they messed around with it, be it machining or otherwise to go full auto. So don't assume they won't mess around with a airgun.

wesb2007 wrote:

Problem is the unmarked tubes, the RCMP will say its a 13xx anyways. Even unmarked tubes are sold for 13xx.

By mess around , I I meant they are serious and will cause you "problems"..
I thought with pumpers they test them to the manufacturers instructions? Would not any stock 13xx be a problem then?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 am 

As far as I can see on the RCMP website there is no mention of pellets weights to be used for testing fps and fpe.
Indeed some lighter pellets in a stock .22 calibre DO exceed both requirements for staying under the allowable limit
so I don't see why the 1322 is exempt.....There is NO way my 1377 will go over both limits with even a 4. gr. no matter how many times I pump it, but the 1322 DOES do it with the SSP Crosman 9.5 gr....and other pellet types... at 10 pumps...I think there is a grey area here with the 1322...and probably not just the 1322s....a 2240 will probably send a 9.5 gr. past both limits too....where does it say they are testing with a 14.3 gr pellet for ten pumps...also...even the manufacturers dont give pellet weights.....RCMP website states clearly a pellet cannot exceed 500 fps/4.2fpe.....period....Doesn't anyone else see the irony here?? You can't mod your 1377 to shoot a 9.5 gr. over 500 but its okay for .22 cal pistols to do it....hmm...