Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hw 30
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:50 pm 

I have 3 weihrauchs, a30, 35 and 95. My 30 has to be cocked with the barrel pulled down as far as it will go. The problem I have, is when the barrel is pulled down as far as it goes, the safety pops out of the gun. Why do I have to pull the barrel down to the max to make it catch? It is a used gun. Could the trigger been adjusted to far one way, or is something been changed inside? Any ideas? Thanks for replies .if you look in the hole where the safety goes, you can see a part of the trigger group. You cannot push the safety through because this piece is in the way. If you pull the barrel down as far as it goes this piece moves out of the way and you can push the safety through both holes.when you let off a bit on the barrel , the safety gets held in by the trigger part. The problem is, this gun needs the barrel pulled down too far for the sear to catch thus letting the safety and tiny lost spring fly out.

Post subject: Re: Hw 30
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:35 pm 

did you lose the spring ?
you might not be engaging the safety in all the way
you might have to slightly dissemble the HW30 a bit to get it in
properly...check this video if you know how to dissemble the stock
then skip through it you will need to remove only one trigger assembly pin not both...
skip too 13:20 in the vid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC6q8kYK1O0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:14 pm 

Finally figured it out. I did three things. I removed the trigger group then made sure the 2 holes for the pins were perfectly lined up. I cut the spring from the pen shorter again, and I also adjusted the little tab at the top of the trigger group. I installed the front pin, then the safety. I then swung the trigger group up inside the tube and while holding the safety button I tapped in the other pin. This is how I tried to assemble the trigger at least 20 times before with. No luck. I noticed this time the pins went in easily. Something must not have lined up perfectly the other times. I noticed the safety button doesn’t protrude out the side as far as before when cocked. I have had guns, fishing reels etc. Apart before and I always get them back together. Sometimes, like this they take a bit longer but that’s part of the fun!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:00 pm 

good to hear you got it done... :wink: