Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hogue Accessories?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:47 pm 

Does anybody sell them here? The Hogue site is not configured for finding info re sales in Canada.

I am also interested if anybody has any comments about the Hogue PowerSpeed holster. Specifically about how it works, I don't understand what they say...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:34 am 
Site Moderator

http://www.milarm.com/

Cheers,
Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:09 am 

Thanks Todd, forgot about them... Can you figure out how that Hogue "holster" works? It should work fine with a HW45 with optics, eh? Regardless of how the optics are installed, based on the pics? Sure is expensive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:22 am 
Site Moderator

Hi Craig,

Yah, the Hogue holster should fit. It's a competition style holster for combat shooting (front draw).

Uncle Mike's makes a holster that fits the HW45 but I can't remember the number. It has a removable top flap too.

Back when I shot PPC, a lot of the guys used the Safariland comp holsters.
http://www.safariland.com/

I had a nice leather front-draw competition holster for my S&W .357 that was made in western Canada. I can't remember the company name.

Cheers,
Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:06 am 

Hi Todd,

The problem with most holsters is the optics don't fit. I only want the holster to hold the gun so my hands are free. Just looking for something a little nicer than a bag... I am not sure how much I'm willing to pay for pretty convenience yet, that Hogue jobbie will be $150+ here I expect. If I knew exactly how it worked, I might find it would also work with my Mark I, 2240, 1740, DEM, etc. too (with optics, I mean) so may be kinda useful.

By "front draw", I presume mounted on my left side belt would be OK? Great speed of access is not required, just relatively easy accessibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:24 am 
Site Moderator

Hi Craig,

You can usually get the comp holsters in left hand or right hand. The pistol pulls out the front to speed things up. This also allows optics without interference. You might be able to find something used if you search.

Cheers,
Todd