Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Airgun stocks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:09 pm 

Anyone know were you can buy custom airgun stocks? Looking for a bullpup style stock for a benjamin classic break barrel.

Post subject: Re: Airgun stocks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:17 pm 

Bad question to ask, lol, as Bullpup.stocks are illegal in Canada

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:20 pm 

YuP I rmember having to sell my styr aug back before they became a no no..
Was very fun to shoot.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 7.19.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 7.19.14 PM.png [ 33.31 KiB | Viewed 506 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:09 am 

Damn really? Why are they banned? Lol just wondering what would happen if you get caught?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:44 am 

Ravenairgun wrote:
Damn really? Why are they banned? Lol just wondering what would happen if you get caught?

Polytech shooting, OKA crisis, and Bill Clinton assault rifle ban, had some effect on why they are prohib. Many are prohib by name. AK, FN FAL, G3, MP5, AUG.. Because they're "evil" Meaning that if you didn't have one registered before they banned it, you wouldn't be able to purchase one ( kinda a Grandfather license ) There are many in the country. Government stopped issuing special authorization to transport in 2005. Meaning they are safe queens now.

What you think will happen if you are caught with a illegal firearm ?

Like I got a GSG 16, it's like a MP5 in 22LR, but the GSG 5/552 it's based off of is prohib, because its "variant" of a MP5. No it does not have a suppressor, it's a shroud to cover the 16" barrel.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:53 am 

walther wrote:
YuP I rmember having to sell my styr aug back before they became a no no..
Was very fun to shoot.

You lost out getting your prohib license. You would been grandfathered and still could shoot them till like 2005.

But there are a few bullpup firearms in Canada. FN 2000, FN P90, Keltec RDB, Type 97, Tavor, X95.

Just mainly bullpup stocks are illegal. Though there are few airguns that are bullpups. Many are sub 500 FPS, and would be illegal to boost them over 500.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 am 

I didn't lose out really on the AUG,
I purchased it for 900$ , later sold it to a collector from the US for 3500:)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:16 pm 

Im talking about the design of a bull pup. A bull pup isnt a fire arm its a design. Im wondering why they baned the design. Not trying to start a argument i just find it funny how they baned a design or a "shape"
Just wanted that design or shape for my airgun as a stock. And i mean what would happennif you were caught with that shape lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:04 pm 

Ravenairgun wrote:
Im talking about the design of a bull pup. A bull pup isnt a fire arm its a design. Im wondering why they baned the design. Not trying to start a argument i just find it funny how they baned a design or a "shape"
Just wanted that design or shape for my airgun as a stock. And i mean what would happennif you were caught with that shape lol

They feel that bullpup stocks would make a firearm more concealable. You would get a firearm probation, including airguns for at least 10 years. Alot of legal fees. Depending on how criminal they want to make you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:32 pm 

Leadslinger meant you would get a prohibition = as in prohibited from owning firearms along with a fine and maybe jail time.
At this "time" it is quite likely there would be 3 to 5 different charges for just that one "firearm" & stats are desired to show
how bad firearms are, thus, they would throw the entire Criminal Code at you.
The stock itself is a prohibited "DEVICE", just as a silencer is a prohibited device, as-is a 25 round magazine for a Ruger 10-22 rifle.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:04 pm 

Ravenairgun wrote:

They didn't ban the design, the banned basically any aftermarket device that can convert a standard action firearm into a bullpup, ie the stock. The also didn't ban the shape; they banned relocating the trigger assembly in front of the action. You could make whatever shape furniture you wanted, assuming the trigger remains behind the action.

" Any rifle, shotgun or carbine stock of the type known as the “bull-pup” design, being a stock that, when combined with a firearm, reduces the overall length of the firearm such that a substantial part of the reloading action or the magazine-well is located behind the trigger of the firearm when it is held in the normal firing position."

So as mentioned you can own a increasing variety of bullpup models in Canada, as mentioned, you just can't convert an existing firearm into a bullpup. Does it make sense, not really, but the idea scared someone enough to deem it so. So in short you can own a non-restricted .50BMG GM6 Lynx with no hassles, but you put the wrong plastic stock on your 10/22 and you're going to have a rough couple of years.

How it pertains to a sub 500fps airgun I'm not sure, since they are not deemed as a firearm as per the Firearm Act, but I certainly wouldn't want to be the one to argue it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:16 pm 

So i mean like you said if the reload is behind the trigger guard its illegal. But what about for a break barrel its a bull pup with a front reload make that a bull pup lol?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 pm 

One of the few bull pup air rifles that were available in Canada was the QB57. Thats my avatar with a home made stock.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:13 am 

Ravenairgun wrote:
So i mean like you said if the reload is behind the trigger guard its illegal. But what about for a break barrel its a bull pup with a front reload make that a bull pup lol?

Your Benji is over 500 fps, their for a NR firearm. You put a bullpup stock on anything. It's illegal. No matter the action.

There are very few bullpup airguns in Canada. With most being under 500 FPS, QB 57 and Roebel are examples. CSS bringing in some sub 500 FPS Kral Puncher Bullpups, but won't be bringing in any over 500. So anyone that mods them over 500 FPS, will be breaking the law.

Not sure why you are trying to argue? We told you it's illegal, you're trying to find a loop hole doing so.. Don't bring bad light to the airgun world.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:42 pm 

Im not arguing anything or trying to find a loop hole im trying to clarify whats legal and or illegal... all i was wondering isif the reload is infront of the action does it it make it legal...Which acculy come to think of it it does. Isnt the chris vector a bull pup design with the action in the front? And im.pretty sure they sell them in canada? Just looking for a.cool custom stock to purchase and starting and intresting and informative thread. Not trying to "shine any bad light on the airgun community"