Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:28 pm 

Doc sharptail - what kind of work to the bolt do you figure?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:10 pm 

pistolero wrote:
This always interest me for the internals, do you have any pictures of the parts removed

The only parts on it that were different than the 13xx were the breech, bolt and trigger assembly. The hammer is thinner in the middle and seems lighter than a 13xx hammer, it also has a longer but softer spring.

I threw away the plastics and the trigger assembly already, but if there's anything in specific that you'd like a pic of, let me know!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:48 pm 

Hondaromper wrote:
Doc sharptail - what kind of work to the bolt do you figure?

Iirc, the bolt will have to tuned down in order to get the pellet past the t/p hole. It's been 3 years or so since I last looked.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:18 pm 

So I ended up cutting the plastic transfer port off of the m4 barrel, then drilled my own leade and transfer port hole using a cordless drill, some wood clamps,and a broken chainsaw file. I don't have the right bit for my dremel, so i wasn't able to really clean things up. But I was able to fit and pressure test it with promising results.

Once I'm able to clean it up I'll be able to get some shooting in and let you all know how it worked out!

In regards to power, I'll be using the m4 valve with an oversized check valve from a crosman 130 to further choke it down. So with that valve setup, and the fact that my pump tube is about 3/4" shorter than the m4, i think i should be safely below 500fps at 10 pumps

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:01 am 

8 shots at 8 pumps each using rws superdomes, freestanding at 15yrds..

I'm shocked that it's working this well... oh rabbit hole hahaha

Attachments:
1576335497158658074197.jpg
1576335497158658074197.jpg [ 436.04 KiB | Viewed 140 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:16 am 

Post A picture of the carbine~ I want to see that more~ [emoji38]

And try some shots use a good rest post to see the limit of the gun~ want to know that too~

You finished the project so quick~ what will you do in the remained long winter?? 8-)

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:59 am 

I'll do some bench rested testing when I can get the "facilities". These were just some shots i took standing in our outdoor range where we normally shoot to see how it performed in real world conditions

I mounted the barrel and breech on my 2289 tube for the time being so I can have a chance to cleanup the 1377 tube (been in storage for 5+ yrs), and used the m4 valve with an oversized check from a crosman 130. Trigger assembly is also from a 130 and works beautifully! The white stuff on the muzzle is some thread tape that I used to friction fit the 2289 sight.

As for the rest of my winter, I have to make a choice which of my bikes is going to get some love this year. 1976 goldwing needs a new motor, but I also crashed my wr290r pretty hard last spring so it needs some money thrown at it too. Sv650 scrambler is soo tempting to finish, but is very low priority at this time. But if all goes "well", I may be getting some plates and screws removed from my shoulder because apparently my anatomy doesn't like titanium as much as my eyes do! So I'm taking it day by day right now

Attachments:
15763385356931130446409.jpg
15763385356931130446409.jpg [ 674.45 KiB | Viewed 150 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:53 pm 

What a busy winter indeed~

And a good looking 2289 with the M4 barrel ~ ( didn't see the difference vs a normal 2289~ [emoji38]) I planned on a 2289 at the very beginning however it was discontinued and no luck in finding one. So I started my pumper life with an 1322... However I followed the suggestions for a steel breech right away... And I think you need one too if you want to scope it...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:17 pm 

Ya, I got pretty lucky when my friend gave me his 2289 because he was moving.. I ordered a steel breech from d&l last week, so it should be here soon :D Ultimately I'm hoping I'll able to make a 30yrd tack driver using the stock barrel, but we'll see how it goes.

As for this barrel, it will be fitted to my old 1377 tube and trigger frame (shimmed, polished with a lighter spring) with stock sights (for now) and a telescopic stock. Should keep kiddo and the wife entertained for awhile (wife's been using a beeman springer for years that has probably an 8lb trigger on it!).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:12 pm 

Got the m4 stock modified, everything fitted onto the 1377 tube and tested. I'm going to disassemble it and trim up the barrel band to make it more stream lined as well as repaint the stock and clean everything up.

Fyi, if anyone is wanting to do this swap using the m4 valve, you will need to drill a new hole for the bolt at the front of your trigger assembly. This means driling and tapping into your valve... or if your on limited resources like myself, you drill and thread the tube to the closest sized bolt you have, then just oversize the hole in your valve so that the bolt extends into it and effectively pins it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:16 pm 

Attachments:
20191215_211543.jpg
20191215_211543.jpg [ 661.02 KiB | Viewed 114 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:25 pm 

Wow~ it actually looks unexpectedly nice~ what a Tactical look on an old 1377! I like the muzzle end keeps the M4 look...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:45 pm 

Thanks! I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did too! And considering all it really costed me was the epoxy for the stock, I'm pretty pumped!!

Also, i just got my steel breech in the mail today for my 2289, so hopefully ill have pics up sometime soon of the pair all tidied up

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:57 am 

Hondaromper wrote:
In regards to power, I'll be using the m4 valve with an oversized check valve from a crosman 130 to further choke it down. So with that valve setup, and the fact that my pump tube is about 3/4" shorter than the m4, i think i should be safely below 500fps at 10 pumps

My logic might be lacking, but the same amount of air (10 pumps) in a smaller valvevolume equals more pressure, combined to a longer 177 caliber barrel, this could easily lead to more than 500 fps.

A chronograph is essential before making this kind of modification on a pumper.

But nice work :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:33 am 

My logic might be lacking, but the same amount of air (10 pumps) in a smaller valvevolume equals more pressure, combined to a longer 177 caliber barrel, this could easily lead to more than 500 fps.

I can see your point. I was just trying to "even things out" on account of having a shortened pump stroke, and I assumed that the valve would only vent so much out behind the pellet and the rest would go out the bleed port on the back of the valve.. What do you figure if I just installed the original check into the m4 valve? If I'm using entirely m4 valve and barrel, shouldn't the max fps be the same as the m4 in stock form? I'm also using a 1377 transfer port, which was believe it or not actually smaller than the m4 one (both completely different actually).

I'm trying to play it safe here so I don't break any laws, and i do intend on buying a crony, but its hard to justify buying things like that for myself (and the wife) this close to christmas.