Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:20 pm 

I was shopping for a jacket today and went into the store. Its at Wellesley and Yonge. Nice selection of Non-pal airguns in stock. Nick is the owner and used to own Nicks Gun Shop across the street. Friendly guy and tries to make a sale.

He has a selection of Umarex pistols in stock and rifles - some look like they've been around a while.

Some of the rifle prices I remember...

Canadian Hunter D18 - $149
Diana 24 .177 - $269
Crosman 760 - $???

plus I think he's got some Xisicos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:43 am 

does the store locate in Toronto? can u pls tell me the exact location?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:07 am 

The store has a yellowish green sign. Its about 75m north of Wellesley on the West side of Yonge Street. Take the subway to Wellesley station and walk north.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:13 am 

Wow they sell guns in Toronogunto? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:14 pm 

I was there last oct looking at his "ancient" umarex pistols. They have very high (way overpriced) price tags lol. Luckily I had visited Lebarons beforehand so I knew his pricing was way off.

Nick (friendly guy) told me the police came and asked him to get rid of the guns in two weeks. BS imo Nick trying to make a quick sale, visited again a few months later and the guns were still in the display case. I think he was hoping for me to buy before "cops came and took his guns away."
:)

Central surplus:
http://www.yellowpages.ca/business/ON/T ... =&stype=si

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:39 am 

Wow, why would they take his guns, he a dealer no? Is it a law in Toronto of something that I dont know about. Talk about big brother, its getting stupid about guns as the old saying goes people kill people not guns.
Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:24 am 

:idea: :idea: This sounds like a greedy person in the airgun business which theres TONS of them all around :x Take in a qoute "Printout" from someone else, and see if he'll lower his price to a fair price. Those cop's were probably just trying to keep hand guns that look real off of the streets. They really cannot do this by law unless it's a ByLaw in that community, which I highly doubt it is. I got burned pretty bad the other week for a gun which I didn't do any investigationing on, and was burned pretty badly on. :? You've got to always investagate everything even if you think the person is an honest guy, "alway's". :shock: Because there always out for themselves most of the time... :(

Alway's keep an eye open,or both of them :shock:

Krazy Mikey... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:00 pm 

blair wrote:
Wow, why would they take his guns, he a dealer no? Is it a law in Toronto of something that I dont know about. Talk about big brother, its getting stupid about guns as the old saying goes people kill people not guns.
Scott

since i saw the guns there months later I think this was a sales tactic on his part ie "make the buyer think air guns will be not sold in T.O. any more, then the buyer will be in a rush to buy immediately, before they become scarce"

btw mikey sorry to hear that, hope you did not lose too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:25 pm 

Hi Syn,
And thank's :wink: Ya it was around $60. I got screwed for. But my own fault for not doing a search first on the gun. I highly doubt if theres a law or a Bill passed in that area were that guy's store is. It's most likely the Cop's just don't like those Walther PPK/PPKS type airguns being sold. Because there so real looking to "Non-Knowers"...

Krazy Mikey... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:39 am 

Ya mon me been to nicks a few times lookin at his over priced shytuff. He has a few pistols in the front display case for any punk lookin for a pistol to go rob people with. He figures he can over price it because hes *******, watch out.. And ahh its not that great a place every time i went in there his family which runs the store watches you like a eagle so its real uncomfortable trying to think what you want to buy. I boycott that store.. The guns he has dont even look real..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:25 pm 

this guy nick used to sell all kind of firearms but he lost his licence years backit made the papers he got caught in as sting operation he was showing and educating people how to convert to shoot live rounds and educating them on where to get conversion kits thats wy he cant sell firearms but i never understood why they still let him sell airguns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:36 pm 
Supporting Member 2010

chrisdwyer wrote:
He has a few pistols in the front display case for any punk lookin for a pistol to go rob people with. He figures he can over price it because hes *******, The guns he has dont even look real..

Dude, WTF are you going on about???? First you give airguns a bad name associating them with any type of crime........then you say they dont even look real.......make up your mind before posting......
:roll:

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:22 pm 

notec, its a no-brainer that criminal types with no connections are going to use an airgun to rob people if they want to threaten them - as far as giving airguns a "bad name", if that's all it takes then airguns deserve to be banned - you need to be more positive about our "obsession" and stop worrying about what other people think - its like the media referring to semi-automatic weapons as automatics and assault weapons as bad because they look "bad"

Would people be happier if you could buy an AK-47 with a pink stock?

p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:29 pm 

actually...blue would be kinda nice :lol: jokeing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]