Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 4:07 pm
Posts: 158
Okni use irwin grips to dissasemble/reasemble also a great way to compress the ram. Just wondering if my ram is acualy leaking would i hear it or notice it when i fully compress it in the irwin grips? I tryed that theory of coking it inside shooting it outside got 650. Tryed it yesterday at got 680 but gradualy droped down to 650 after a few shots. Still shoots straight as a laser tho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:52 pm
Posts: 7208
Location: Vancouver Island BC
Ravenairgun wrote:
Okni use irwin grips to dissasemble/reasemble also a great way to compress the ram. Just wondering if my ram is acualy leaking would i hear it or notice it when i fully compress it in the irwin grips? I tryed that theory of coking it inside shooting it outside got 650. Tryed it yesterday at got 680 but gradualy droped down to 650 after a few shots. Still shoots straight as a laser tho


Just keep shooting ..I would assume a leaking gas ram would just keep leaking if power keeps falling off i would look for a leak .As for temps i would think the only real change you would see is a change in the temp of the gas in the ram ..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 4:07 pm
Posts: 158
Ya i wonder if theres a way to compress it in the grips and listen for a leak or somthing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:52 pm
Posts: 7208
Location: Vancouver Island BC
Ravenairgun wrote:
Ya i wonder if theres a way to compress it in the grips and listen for a leak or somthing

you uses soapy water spry it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 4:07 pm
Posts: 158
Damn really eh can you ezplain were to spray the soapy water


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:52 pm
Posts: 7208
Location: Vancouver Island BC
Around the ram


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2946
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Ravenairgun wrote:
Damn really eh can you ezplain were to spray the soapy water


Get a spray bottle, mix some water with dish soap, and spray any wheres you may think gas could escape. If there is leaks, it will bubble. Sounds like you should just go back to the coil spring.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:52 pm
Posts: 7208
Location: Vancouver Island BC
were the Chrome meets the black..

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/CR_Nitro ... ifles/3830


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 4:07 pm
Posts: 158
Ok and obvously compress the ram when i do that? And my coil spring is broken thats why i converted


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2946
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Ravenairgun wrote:
Ok and obvously compress the ram when i do that? And my coil spring is broken thats why i converted


Well for 14$, a new coil spring would solve all these issues and headaches. I never had luck with NP conversion kits.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:52 pm
Posts: 7208
Location: Vancouver Island BC
leadslinger wrote:
Ravenairgun wrote:
Ok and obvously compress the ram when i do that? And my coil spring is broken thats why i converted


Well for 14$, a new coil spring would solve all these issues and headaches. I never had luck with NP conversion kits.



Agree .......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4300
big reason i don't like gas ram's, there not reliable
also explained my reason to the OP when he did his conversion... :wink:

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 4:07 pm
Posts: 158
Every spring i owned has snaped... cant handle sub zero temps or excessive shooting imo and experience. and i dont think its my gas ram.... i honed the tube today with a brake hone for a little test thing was only 12.99 and i got it shooting 690-730 fps but quickly rannout of day liggt while chroning and tempreture was a bit warmer. I think i over sanded the tube and just get bad compresiion will run a better chrony test tommorow. I have nothing against springs just i guess i have had the luck or opposite experience younguys are having with the gas ram.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:52 pm
Posts: 7208
Location: Vancouver Island BC
Ravenairgun wrote:
Every spring i owned has snaped... cant handle sub zero temps or excessive shooting imo and experience. and i dont think its my gas ram.... i honed the tube today with a brake hone for a little test thing was only 12.99 and i got it shooting 690-730 fps but quickly rannout of day liggt while chroning and tempreture was a bit warmer. I think i over sanded the tube and just get bad compresiion will run a better chrony test tommorow. I have nothing against springs just i guess i have had the luck or opposite experience younguys are having with the gas ram.


Buy a good spring


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 4:07 pm
Posts: 158
Bought the phantom 1000 spring conversion and snaped whats a good spring


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO