Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:52 am
Posts: 3366
Location: Caronport, Saskatchewan
Just wanted to give an update. These were supposed to arrive in March, but because of the virus Snowpeak is estimating shipping in April now. My apologies to those waiting.
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

_________________
Website: https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:00 pm
Posts: 446
Thanks for the update Wes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 6558
Location: Montreal
Thanks for keeping us up to date. No rush.

_________________
Facebook is like ancient Egypt, people write on walls and worship cats

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 3155
Location: Northern Ontario
No surprise there. It may be even longer as it looks like they have very little chance of getting this contained.

_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:52 am
Posts: 3366
Location: Caronport, Saskatchewan
Yeah, I guess we'll see. It's a bit confusing, as I certainly feel for all the people in China suffering through this. And over 2000 people dead is nothing to take lightly. On the other hand the fact that the common flu kills in Canada alone many more times than that each year seems to make the extreme response a bit strange. The response feeds so much fear that I find myself afraid of this thing even though if this Corona virus was running rampant in Canada I'd have much more chance of dying from this years flu than it, from what I've read anyway. How many people do you know that are freaked out by this virus that haven't bothered getting a flu shot? Seems a bit like the cure is worse than the disease and the media coverage and government response is going to end up causing a lot more worldwide pain and suffering than the virus ever will itself.
LOL, well there is my rabbit trail post. It's concerning to see the economic impact this will have. As I said, I'm of two minds. One is railing against the Chinese government for not doing more early on, and for trying to cover it up. The other is freaked out at the extreme response after the horses left the corral, in shutting down the economy of the whole country. Where is a healthy balance?!! I guess I'm glad I'm not in charge, I'd probably do worse.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

_________________
Website: https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:51 am
Posts: 504
wesb2007 wrote:
Yeah, I guess we'll see. It's a bit confusing, as I certainly feel for all the people in China suffering through this. And over 2000 people dead is nothing to take lightly. On the other hand the fact that the common flu kills in Canada alone many more times than that each year seems to make the extreme response a bit strange.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk



In 2016- 2017 there were 388 deaths in Canada do to the flu. 302 deaths the season after.

_________________
SKANZY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:52 am
Posts: 3366
Location: Caronport, Saskatchewan
Hmm, National Post says this "The flu, short for influenza, causes about 12,200 hospitalizations and 3,500 deaths in Canada each year, according to the Canadian government. Influenza and pneumonia are ranked among the top 10 leading causes of death in Canada". I see I was not accurate saying many times more deaths from flu, but these numbers are well off yours as well. Not saying you are wrong, perhaps there is conflicting data, or something.
Thanks,
Wes

_________________
Website: https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:51 am
Posts: 504
wesb2007 wrote:
Hmm, National Post says this "The flu, short for influenza, causes about 12,200 hospitalizations and 3,500 deaths in Canada each year, according to the Canadian government. Influenza and pneumonia are ranked among the top 10 leading causes of death in Canada". I see I was not accurate saying many times more deaths from flu, but these numbers are well off yours as well. Not saying you are wrong, perhaps there is conflicting data, or something.
Thanks,
Wes


https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/flu-deat ... -1.4839917

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... 18.html#a5

Maybe I need to research more, not trying to argue.

_________________
SKANZY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:52 am
Posts: 3366
Location: Caronport, Saskatchewan
Thanks for sharing that. Looks like your info is official and mine is hearsay! 8)
Not sure where the Post got their info, maybe it's an average of previous years.
Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy.


Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

_________________
Website: https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 3155
Location: Northern Ontario
1918 flu kill rate was about 5% and it killed millions. Corona virus appears to be worse.

_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:36 pm
Posts: 747
Location: nvvan
paddyfritz wrote:
1918 flu kill rate was about 5% and it killed millions. Corona virus appears to be worse.

corona virus kill rate has been stead at about 2.25%.
It seems to transmit easier though.
1918 spanish flu killed a lot of young healthy people whereas corona 40+ yr old hardest.

_________________
I machine, I build , I shoot
Sent via Flux Capacitor uF


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 3155
Location: Northern Ontario
walther wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:
1918 flu kill rate was about 5% and it killed millions. Corona virus appears to be worse.

corona virus kill rate has been stead at about 2.25%.
It seems to transmit easier though.
1918 spanish flu killed a lot of young healthy people whereas corona 40+ yr old hardest.


The Chinese Communist party is grossly distorting the information they provide. Take a look at some of the video's coming out of China.
They also seem to be removing people they dont like at the same time.

_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 6558
Location: Montreal
paddyfritz wrote:
walther wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:
1918 flu kill rate was about 5% and it killed millions. Corona virus appears to be worse.

corona virus kill rate has been stead at about 2.25%.
It seems to transmit easier though.
1918 spanish flu killed a lot of young healthy people whereas corona 40+ yr old hardest.


The Chinese Communist party is grossly distorting the information they provide. Take a look at some of the video's coming out of China.
They also seem to be removing people they dont like at the same time.


How convenient :wink:

_________________
Facebook is like ancient Egypt, people write on walls and worship cats

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:52 am
Posts: 3366
Location: Caronport, Saskatchewan
Hi Guys,
Julie from Snowpeak gave an update on the shipment of PP750 and its not due completion until April 25th, so some waiting still to happen. My apologies for the extended delays.
Best wishes to everyone at this time, and a big thank you to all who are performing essential services and putting themselves at risk on all our behalf. God bless you and keep you well,

Wes



Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

_________________
Website: https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Artemis PP750
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 3155
Location: Northern Ontario
wesb2007 wrote:
Hi Guys,
Julie from Snowpeak gave an update on the shipment of PP750 and its not due completion until April 25th, so some waiting still to happen. My apologies for the extended delays.
Best wishes to everyone at this time, and a big thank you to all who are performing essential services and putting themselves at risk on all our behalf. God bless you and keep you well,

Wes



Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk


It's just as well. Think how long the CBSA will take if they are under staffed.

_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO