Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:05 pm 

Imo they have that scope base on backwards. When the violent piston slam occurs the scope is at its rear position. The rifle action moves forward in the stock slamming the scope. IMNSHO
Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:14 pm 

i think its on the right way Walter, the recoil is toward the back like it should
but because of the spring to stop it from the recoil, its pushing the scope back to the
front to quick...there should be a bumper there, not sure why they didn't think of that

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:38 pm 

The recoil that needs protection is the forward slam. That is why I think the spring should be forward. Rearward is a push that all scopes can handle. Forward slam is what ruins scopes, rings and stop pins.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:46 pm 

you may be correct but I personally think it's both the forward and rearward violent slams that destroy
scopes, otherwise why would they put stop pins on mounts, anyways regardless you can clearly see how
much recoil is created by some springers, pretty neat to see a slow motion vid like that, the rearward slam
is much more violet then the forward slam...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:22 am 

If you watch the video you will see the action jump forward. If the rearward recoil was severe why do scopes always move rearward on a violent springer?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:23 am 

I would love to try one of these mounts on my Hatsan 135 and Xisico B28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:46 am 

This might be the solution to mount a scope on my B-28. I was just looking at a a Williams peep site for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:50 pm 

Good video, thanks Ace.
I think the base is on right, Walter. Due to the scope being held at the front by spring pressure (I think there should have been an O ring
there as well) we see only the gun moving forward from the piston stopping, that is: the scope sitting still with gun and mount moving forward. The scope's movement
in standard rings, would have been backwards as-is the case. What I found quite interesting, was the vertical movement of the rifles 'chamber' in the stock. Rather
violent indeed.
This mount would be useful as well, on the HW80. I'll have to look into that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:12 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
I would love to try one of these mounts on my Hatsan 35 and Xisico B28

If YepYep's mount turns out to be a good quality, it would be cheap enough to just try.
It sure looks to be made on the same assembly line as the Diana mount.

BTW, non-PAL springers can be just as hard on scopes as full power springers.
Although I have never destroyed a springer rated scope, I have mangled a few scope stop pins. :oops:

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:14 pm 

I like it and would def try it on a harsh springer. Hope they become affordable

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:18 pm 

Found this, addressing the slop in the holes. It's in Spanish, but rather self-explanatory in the visual aspect.
The author uses strips of aluminum can for taking up the slack. This would work very well and with some lubricant!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRA5BCQSvls
The author starts by showing how to take the mount apart, then around 4:00 the slop, then sleeving.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:25 pm 

Won't find them cheaper than this (@YepYep):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300765 ... b201603_53

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:13 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Found this, addressing the slop in the holes. It's in Spanish, but rather self-explanatory in the visual aspect.
The author uses strips of aluminum can for taking up the slack. This would work very well and with some lubricant!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRA5BCQSvls
The author starts by showing how to take the mount apart, then around 4:00 the slop, then sleeving.

thank's for sharing Daryl, its Brazilian by the way... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 pm 

I have this setup minus the suppressor :) put on a cheap amazon scope on it and the ZR mount seems to do its job otherwise i think this scope wouldve been toast long ago. First concern was the recoil that you get from the zr mount moving and hitting the front portion, but i think with the cheap amazon scope still intact its speaks for itself that it works. Just my personal experience :mrgreen:

Ace wrote:
Daryl wrote:
You've likely heard that springers have 2 recoil pulses. That means the scope tries to recoil/slide forwards (as the spring slams forward), but also backwards as the piston stops.

Scopes designed for springers are designed to prevent damage from those double-whammy recoil impulses - forwards and backwards, whereas PB rifle scopes are designed for resist damage from only the first scope impulse, to move forwards.

IN springers, the stopping of the piston is the stronger impulse, as well. The scope in a PB gun will try to move forwards in the rings as the rifle recoils back. The springer's scope will try to move backwards as the pistol slams to a halt and the gun recoils forwards. What we usually feel is simple vibration pulse.

PCP rifles produce the same style of recoil that is produced by powder burners.

The recoil of some of the springers is strong enough, to destroy even scopes designed for them, even the more expensive of them, let alone the less expensive versions.

that's right Daryl some who haven't seen it before don't really realize how much violence comes from
recoil, check this cool video out, its talking about the Diana bullseye Zero R mount, if you don't want to watch
the whole vid skip to 1:10 look carefully at the body of the rifle to the stock, and the back cap and safety, also
even thought the mount helps in the recoil it still bounces of the front mount
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBLiIeoxGTg

Attachments:
PicsArt_01-14-06.57.47.jpg
PicsArt_01-14-06.57.47.jpg [ 96.67 KiB | Viewed 47 times ]

Crosman 788
Diana AM03 "Stealth" .177 Diana ZR Mount

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:24 pm 

Looks like worth trying out. Interesting video how he tightened things up with the coke can. 8)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk